CA Foundation Examination Complete Course Guide
CPT Revised CA Foundation Course
CA Foundation is a part of the revised scheme introduced by the ICAI. CA Foundation is an entry-level test designed for students who want to pursue the CA Course. Exams for the CA Foundation will conduct twice in a year in May and November. CA Foundation is replacing the current entry-level test CPC (Common Proficiency Course). A student after appearing in 12th examination can register for the CA Foundation course.
CA Foundation – New Entry Scheme
The ICAI executed it’s plan to make the entry-level difficult, not like IIT-JEE or PMT but better than CPT, in the form of CA Foundation. As we all know that CA Course is easy to enter and difficult to exist. CPT is considered much easier compared to its other two levels i.e. CA Intermediate and CA Final. So, in order to fill this gap, an initiative has been taken by the ICAI by replacing CPC with the CA Foundation.
ICAI president said that they are introducing the subjective pattern in the CA Foundation because of the objective pattern in the CPT it welcomes the guesswork of hundreds of candidates and in this way, many ineligible candidates get entrance in this course. To overcome such vulnerabilities in the entrance test of CA Course ICAI has introduced CA Foundation in place of CPT.
Your Journey to CA Foundation Examination
It is your complete journey that you will follow in CA Foundation Examination May/ Nov this year from registration to appear in the examination
- Eligibility –After appearing in the 12th examination you will be eligible to get register in this course so register yourself.
- Preparation – Once you are registered you have to undergo through a study period of four months to appear in the exam.
- Application Form – Apply for the Foundation exams that mean fill the application form through the ICAI portal.
- Admit Card – ICAI issues the admit card generally 21 days before the exams. You can download your admit card from the ICAI portal. You will not get the admit cards offline.
- Error Correction – If any error has occurred in filling the application form regarding the center/medium then one can apply for the correction. ICAI has provided the facility of two correction window, each has a separate time limit.
- One Month Preparation – Prepare well for the exams. Don’t limit yourself just to crack this exam. You should prepare for a high score.
- Result – It is probable that the CA Foundation result will declare within 2 months from the Exams.
Eligibility for Registration in CA Foundation
Exams for the CA Foundation will conduct twice in a year i.e. MAY and November. A student can register in this course after appearing in 12th examination constituted by the law or recognized by the Central Government and appear in the Foundation examination after passing 12th Examination.
The students are required to undergo through a study period of four months after the registration in the CA Foundation course to appear in the Exams. That means if one wants to appear in the May 2019 examinations then he is required to get himself register on or 31st December 2018 or if one wants to appear in November 2019 examinations then he will be required to get register in this course before 30th June 2019.
The entire Foundation syllabus is divided into four subjects –
- Principles and Practices of Accounting
- Business Law and Business Correspondence and Reporting
- Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning and Statistics
- Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge
The above two are subjective while the latter two are objective. Negative marking will continue to remain in the objective papers.
CA Foundation Registration Procedure
You can register for the CA Foundation course through the ICAI portal under the Course registration forms under students tab by making the requisite payment. Once the payment is successful it will automatically generate the form which is required to get print.
You have to deposit such form within 7 days duly signed by the candidate along with the following documents –
- Attested Copy of the Admit Card/ Marksheet of class 12th examination issued by the respective board.
- You need to affix a latest colored photograph on the hard copy of such registration form.
- If the student is Resident of another country, then attested copy of proof of Nationality.
- Attested copy of proof of special category certificate i.e. ST/SC/OBC, differently abled.
- Attested copy of 10th Marksheet/ Admit card indicating the Name and Date of Birth.
Although registration is not a one-time procedure. Once the registration is done for the Foundation course it will be valid for three years. In addition to that, it can be revalidated any number of times for further three years by depositing a nominal fees decided by the council from time to time.
If you are willing to appear in CA Foundation May/Nov 2019. Read CA Foundation Complete Registration Procedure
CA Foundation Registration Fees
A student can register for the CA Foundation course with the prescribed fees –
|S.No.||Details of Fees||Rupees||For Foreign Students (US $)|
|1.||Cost of Foundation Prospectus||200||20|
|2.||Foundation Registration Fees||9000||700|
|3.||Subscription for Students Journal (For one Year- Optional)||200||20|
Once the above registration process is completed the Study Material will be dispatch to the candidates through the Centralised Dispatch System (CDS).
Duration of Study Period for CA Foundation Students
Once your registration is done, open your books and prepare well for the CA Foundation exams. Don’t just think to crack the exam instead of it prepare for a high score. Dream big from the beginning so that you will not face failure in the entire journey as a CA student.
You will get four months study period after the registration which is more than enough to secure 70% marks. Select the correct coaching institute which can provide you proper guidance or you can also opt for CA Foundation online classes and study at the comfort of your home ,work hard and work smart.
CA Foundation Application Form (Exam Form)
Registration in the course is not enough to appear in the Foundation exams. You have to fill the exam form to inform the ICAI that you are appearing in the Exam. You can fill the application form from the ICAI portal after making the requisite examination fees.
Where due to any unavoidable circumstances if the registration details entered by the candidate does not match with records maintained by the ICAI, for example, your registration number and date of birth showing some error then you can be offered to register provisionally.
You are expected to check your profile before filing the application form online. In case your photograph and signature are not attached then you are required to attach your photograph and signature and the candidates who wish to change their photograph or signature can do so, in such a case you are required to print the PDF of the form.( Affix his/her photograph, duly sign the form and get them attested. Attestation can be done only by a Practicing Chartered Accountant or Head of an Educational Institution or a Gazetted Officer) and submit it to the Exam Deptt. in the normal course. But the candidates whose photograph and signature are already appearing on the PDF are not required to send the hard copy/print out of such PDF at the Exam Deptt.
While filing the form candidates are also required to upload the attested and scanned declaration. The size of the scanned file should be within 100-300KB and the file should be in the JPG format.
After completion of the above formalities, you are required to send the printout of such form in an envelope (without folding) by speed post to the Joint Secretary Exam (Examination Department), the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ‘ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi – 110002.
CA Foundation Admit Card
Admit Cards are required to sit in the Examination Hall. ICAI generally issues admit cards 21 days before the exams. ICAI has ceased to send the admit cards physically. Now you can only download the Admit Card online.
You can download the admit cards maximum three times. Take the print out at least 10 days before the exam to avoid last minute hurry.
After downloading, in case you found there an error in Center/Medium (resulting from wrong details submitted in the application form), then you have an opportunity to rectify such error related to the Center/Medium.
Correction Window in CA Foundation
The Correction facility has two window one of which is without fees ( called correction window) and another one is with correction fees (called “corrections with fees-window”) of Rs 1000/- per application.
- Free Window Facility– Under Free Window Facility a student can change his/her Center/Medium within one week after the last date of submission of Examination form(without late fees). The details of the form are available on ICAI website.
- Correction Window Facility (with fees)– Under this window, a student can change his/her Center/Medium with the payment of Rs. 1000/- per application. Generally, this window is open for correction upto one week before the exam. But request made immediately before 7 days will not be entertained by the ICAI under any case.
Candidates are also required to carry their registration form at the exam center along with the admit card to avoid any mistakes.
CA Foundation Result
Nothing is clear about the CA Foundation result till now. But as we can see that ICAI is trying to make the CA Foundation much similar to its other levels. Introduction to the subjective paper pattern and conducting exams with the other levels i.e. May and November similar like its other levels. Hence it is probable that the result for the CA Foundation will be declared with its other levels either with the CA Intermediate or CA Final that means approx two months after the exams.
CA Foundation Coaching
For a successful result, there is a need for correct mentors. We have provided correct guidance to thousands of students till now. As you can see VSI CPT results and VSI IPCC results in every attempt, we have given AIRs and top marks in both. We don’t limit our students to just get pass. See our miracle wall, even an average student with us score high in the CA Exams. Join VSI for CA Foundation classes and begin your Chartered Accountant journey.