Check ICAI CA Intermediate Result- Pass Percentage, Toppers, etc
ICAI has organized the exam of CA Intermediate in the month of Nov & Dec 2020. The CA Intermediate Result of Nov & Dec 2020 Exams is announced by ICAI along with the CA IPCC Result in the evening. Students can analyze their performance with the help of the Suggested answer key for CA Intermediate comprehensively compiled by VSI and provide free download just after the examinations are over.
ICAI has also made the arrangements in which candidates can check their result on their Email address. To check your result on your Email Id, you need to register first with the ICAI official site.
We have hundreds of articles to manage. If you find anything missing from the article then click the button below and give us your precious feedback. We will update your query on the page within a couple of hours. Your feedback will help us make our content better for you and your friends.
Click/Tap the link to directly jump to the section.
|ICAI CA Intermediate Exam Start Date (Old & New scheme)||2nd Nov|
|ICAI CA Intermediate Exam End Date (Old Scheme)||16th Nov|
|ICAI CA Intermediate Exam End Date (New Scheme)||18th Nov|
|ICAI CA Intermediate Result Date||To be Announced|
Details Mentioned on Score Card of CA Intermediate Result 2020
CA Intermediate scorecard has the following details such as:-
- Student’s name.
- Student’s roll number.
- Qualifying status.
- Marks obtained in Group I in every subject.
- Total marks obtained in Group I along with the qualifying status.
- Marks obtained in Group II in every subject.
- Total marks obtained in Group II along with the qualifying status.
- Grand total (total score combined of Group I and II).
CA Intermediate Nov & Dec 2020 Pass Percentage
We will soon update the passing percentage hereafter the CA Intermediate Nov & Dec 2020 results are released.
CA Intermediate Criteria for Passing Marks
CA Intermediate examination is divided into two groups of eight papers each group consists of four papers. Students can appear in either one group or both the group of CA Intermediate Examination. The Passing criteria of the CA Intermediate Examination are the same. Students need to score at least 40% marks in each individual subject and 50% in aggregate of all the subjects to pass in CA Intermediate result and get qualified for the CA Final registration.
Special Note:- The students who could not qualify for this exam can fill their CA Intermediate Application form in Nov 2020 Examination.
Check CA Intermediate Nov & Dec 2020 Result Online
The result of the Chartered Accountants Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Examination held in Nov & Dec 2020 will be released on the above-mentioned date. You can also access your result from here on the day.
ICAI Results Websites –
A student should keep in mind that to see their CA Intermediate result on the above-given website they shall have to enter their registration number or PIN number and Roll Number.
Follow these steps to see your CA Intermediate 2020 result very easily without any hassle.
- Click on the result and you will find your CA intermediate result Dec 2020 link
- You can visit the examination website under the result section and you will find your result link.
- That link will land you on the CA Inter result for Dec 2020 attempt.
- Enter Your CA registration number or your roll number and PIN number.
- Write an image code into a given box and click on the check result box.
- Now a new window will appear with your result.
- Take a printout of the result.
Download your CA Intermediate Nov & Dec 2020 mark sheet within 7 days from the deceleration of the result.
During the CA Intermediate May 2019 attempt at the time of result announcement, students faced severe server errors. Many students complained about it and as a result to reduce the last moment students’ rush on the website, offline result services are launched by ICAI for students. students can access their CA Intermediate Nov & Dec 2020 Result through SMS or E-mail. To get the result through e-mail student need to register themselves on the ICAI main website. Then Your result will be provided by ICAI on your registered email address. The registration process to get the result through SMS is given in the below section.
ICAI CA Intermediate Nov & Dec 2020 Result Through SMS
For getting your result through SMS
create a new message in your handset as follows
CAINTER(Space)XXXXXX (where XXXXXX is the six-digit Intermediate (IPC) roll number)
eg. CAINTER 000128
and send the message to 57575. This facility is available for all mobile services.
ICAI CA Intermediate Result 2020 Through E-mail
For getting your result through Email
visit the website – icaiexam.icai.org
and register yourself for Email service.
ICAI avails the email registration link on their website around 5 days prior to the result date.
CA Inter Nov & Dec 2020 Center-wise Result
Soon after declaring the result for CA Intermediate Nov & Dec attempt, ICAI will release CA Inter center-wise or region wise result. The link given below will be active once the organization will officially release the region-wise result out.
- Western Zone
- Southern Zone
- Eastern Zone
- Central Zone
- Northern Zone
What to do if You Forgot Your Credentials
If the student forgets their roll number while checking their CA Inter 2020 result, then he can view his/her roll number on the admit card. In case if the student doesn’t have an Admit card and has forgotten his/her registration number then he/she needs to contact ICAI on its helpline number.
ICAI helpline numbers – 0120 3054, 851, 852, 853, 854 and 835 or 0120 4953, 751, 752, 753 and 754.
Toppers of CA Intermediate Nov 2020
ICAI releases the toppers list of toppers / meritorious students every year. This year’s toppers’ list will be released soon, which we will update here as well.
The result along with the merit list comprises candidates securing a minimum of 55% and above marks and up to the maximum of 50th Rank on all India basis.
Get more details about the CA Intermediate toppers through this page.
Statement of Marks
Statement of Marks will be sent to the students through the post soon after the declaration of CA Intermediate Nov & Dec 2020 result. However, in case the student does not receive the same within 4-5 weeks from the date of declaration of CA Inter Nov & Dec 2020 results, you may write to [email protected]
If a student clears CA Intermediate Nov & Dec 2020 exams in one attempt with 70% total for all papers will find the statement of marks mentioning that the student cleared the exam with distinction.
Pass Certificate After CA Intermediate Nov & Dec 2020 Result
A pass certificate will be issued to the students who clear both the groups of CA Inter Nov & Dec 2020 Examination either together or group-wise within 60 days of the date of declaration of the result. However, in case the students do not receive the same for any reason within 8 weeks from the date of declaration of the ICAI CA Inter Nov & Dec 2020 result then the students may write to [email protected]
A student who passes group 1, as well as group 2 exams of CA Intermediate Nov & Dec 2020, will be qualified for CA Final. After clearing CA Intermediate, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India will issue the pass certificate to all the passed students that will reach you on your registered address within 2 months of result announcement.
CA Intermediate Nov & Dec 2020 Rank Certificate/Merit List
If you clear the Nov & Dec 2020 CA Intermediate exam in one sitting with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks and you obtain any of the 50 All India Ranks then you will receive a rank certificate from ICAI by post. However, Top 3 holders will receive their rank certificate from ICAI President during ICAI annual day function in February.
The process to Check CA Intermediate Merit List 2020
1. First, visit the ICAI result page (link mentioned above)
2. Now you can see “Intermediate (IPC) (Old) Examination” under “CHECK MERIT LIST”, click on it.
3. Enter your roll number/ registration number and captcha code here
4. Now this click on “Check Result”
5. After this CA Intermediate merit list for Nov & Dec 2020 exams will appear on your screen.
Grant of Exemption–CA Intermediate 2020 Result
If a candidate who appeared in any one group of CA Intermediate examination and has failed in one or more papers but has somehow secured 60% in any of the paper/papers then he/she is eligible for exemption in those papers for the 3 following or upcoming examination attempts.
When is Exemption Granted?
The exemption is granted only if the candidate was present in all the papers of the groups
What will be the passing criteria?
When the result comes and when a candidate writes the remaining papers which he failed earlier, then at that time, he needs to score 40% in remaining individual subjects and a minimum of 50% of the total marks including the exempted papers.
Other Instructions related to Exemption:
- A student can check whether he/she has an exemption in a particular paper at icaiexam.icai.org.
- A candidate is not eligible for any further exemption in that particular group for the next 3 following attempts.
- Exemptions granted in the paper are indicated by “#” against the marks awarded thereon and the result is indicated by “F-Ex” in the statement of mark
Inspection of Certified Copies
The students who are not satisfied with their results can apply for the Inspection of evaluated answer sheets online only, the physical application is not acceptable.
Those who have applied for the Inspection need not apply for the verification as before dispatching your certified answer sheets, verification is carried out by examinees suo moto.
Follow the below mention steps to apply for the inspection –
- Land on the ICAI official site www.icaiexam.icai.org.
- There you have to log in to your account through your user id and password.
- There you will have to fill the requisite information including the selection of certified copies for inspection.
- You need to upload a scanned copy of your handwritten request duly signed by the candidate and in case you are a Hindi Medium student then the application must be in Hindi only.
- If any discrepancy arises between the papers mentioned in the scanned image and those mentioned in the form, a latter will prevail. You can make the corrections in the application before making the payment.
- The payment can be made through Net Banking, Credit card, Debit card (Master/ Visa/ Maestro/ Rupay).
- After the successful payment, a confirmation page will appear on your screen showing the details you have mentioned in the form. But remember that your application will get successfully submitted only Control Number is correctly appearing which is not zero or null.
- You are advised to keep a print out of this confirmation page which will work as acknowledgment.
Institute endeavors to provide you the certified copies within 30 days from the receipt of application at ICAI which must be completed in all respect.
Candidates have to make a payment of Rs 500/- per copy for the number of copies applied for inspection.
Fees will not be refunded in any situation.
In some circumstances, students are not satisfied with the evaluation of their answer sheet or the marks awarded but still, they cannot apply for the revaluation as it is not permitted under the CA Regulations 1988.
Revaluation & Verification of Marks
Revaluation of CA Intermediate Nov & Dec 2020 Answer Book is not permitted under the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988.
So if students are unsatisfied with CA Intermediate Nov & Dec 2020 result, they can go for verification of marks.
Read all the instruction carefully about Verification on marks
Verification of Marks
Once the result will be published you will have one month of time in hand to apply for verification of marks, according to ICAI guidelines.
What exactly happens under verification of marks
The Process includes checking:
- Any unchecked question.
- Totaling Error in any question or on the cover page.
What is the procedure for Verification of Marks in CA Intermediate Nov & Dec 2020
ICAI open their verification portal where students can apply for verification of marks. Students have one month to apply for verification of their answer sheet. In case there is change in your result after verification the fee will be refunded by ICAI.
Applications after the final date will be rejected. follow the steps while applying for verification.
- The verification process for CA Intermediate Nov & Dec 2020 is completely online.
- Log in to your student dashboard using your UserID and Password.
- From the dashboard find the link to Apply for Verification of answer books.
- Upload a scanned copy of your handwritten verification request.
- Into your handwritten Application form do mention all of the following details
- Registration Number
- Exam – Intermediate
- Month and Year of exam
- Paper/s subject/s details you want revaluation
- Address for communication
- At last sign the application form.
- Now scan the application form as a jpg file with size limit 8-200 kb
- Now open ICAI official website. You will find the link there.
- Fill the details as instructed on the website and upload your handwritten application form
- You need to select subjects for verification while applying through the online portal. The subject you will select will be considered for verification, not the subjects you mentioned in your application form.
- The payment will be made online through Master/Visa/Maestro Credit/Debit Card.
- The verification fee is Rs 100/- per papers and Rs 400/- for all the papers of a group or both the groups
- After successful payment, you will see the screen shown below. Take a print out of it to keep a record.
- In a case of money deducted and failed transaction, your amount will be back in your account within 45 days after the closing of the window.
- The application will take around 1-2 months for processing. You will be revert back by ICAI about your request. You can also check status of your request online on ICAI official exam website.
ICAI CA Intermediate Nov & Dec 2020 Verification Result
Once a candidate application for verification of marks is received by the institute, It usually takes 6-8 weeks for Verification result to come. Students can quickly check their Nov 2019 verification result online on http://icaiexam.icai.org.
In case of any changes in marks after verification, ICAI will send a revised statement of marks on the registered address. However, There will be no communication from the Institute if the marks remain unchanged after the verification result. In this case, the student has to see it online.
Reasons for Withholding CA Intermediate Result 2020
The CA Intermediate Exam Results are withheld in two cases:
- The candidate’s eligibility was not confirmed and documents of evidence were not sufficient to prove the eligibility on time,
- The candidate has used unfair means of practice in the exam.
FAQs Regarding CA Intermediate 2020 Result
Que. How to check CA Inter name-wise exam results?
Ans. Every candidate wants to know name-wise results but ICAI will not provide the results name-wise and if ICAI will provide name-wise results of the CA Inter 2020 exams we will update you. We suggest every candidate that not to search for name-wise. Best of luck for your CA Inter 2020 exam Results.
Que. When ICAI Inter result will be declared?
Ans. Result of CA Inter Nov & Dec 2020 Exam is issued usually after 2 months from the last exam.
CA Intermediate Previous Year Pass Percentages
CA Intermediate Nov 2019 Pass Percentage
|No. of candidates appeared||No. of candidates passed||Pass Percentage|
CA Intermediate May 2019 Pass Percentage
|No. of candidates appeared||No. of candidates passed||Pass Percentage|
CA Intermediate Nov 2018 Pass Percentage
|Groups||No. of Students Appeared||No. of Students Passed||Pass Percentage|
|First Group||24411||4525||18.54 %|
|Second Group||8652||3724||43.04 %|
|First Group||21909||6103||27.86 %|
|Second Group||46||0.21 %|
|Both Groups||1946||8.88 %|
What After CA Intermediate
After clearing CA Intermediate exams you can register yourself for 3 years of CA Articleship Practical training. You can apply for Practical training after clearing single of both groups of CA Intermediate however to apply for CA Final registration you have to clear both groups of CA Intermediate. After clearing both groups of CA Final you will become a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.