CA Intermediate Registration 2023- Process, Fees & Last Date
CA Intermediate Registration 2023 – Students who have cleared the CA Foundation exams are eligible to register for the CA Intercourse. The ICAI CA Inter registration process involves logging in to the SSP portal, selecting the student cycle, filling in the required details, uploading the documents, and paying the fees. The CA Intermediate registration fee for both groups is Rs. 18000 and for a single group, it is Rs. 13000.
Students can register for the CA Intermediate course online throughout the year. However, it is advised to fill out the form before the cut-off date.
As per the ICAI’s recent announcement the last date for registration in the CA Intermediate course under Existing Scheme is 30th June 2023.
Further, ICAI mentions the Date of commencement of registration and conversion in the Intermediate course under the New Scheme is 1st July 2023.
In this article, you’ll get details about the ICAI CA Inter Registration for May/Nov 2023 attempt like eligibility criteria, last date, process, documents required, fees, registration letter, and how to check the registration status.
Table of Contents
ICAI CA Intermediate Registration Nov 2023
CA Intermediate Registration Eligibility
The two paths to register for the CA Intermediate Course are;
- CA Foundation Route – Clear the CA Foundation course to be eligible for the CA Intermediate registration through the foundation route.
- CA Direct Entry Route – Graduated or Post Graduated students with a minimum required percentage can directly register for the CA Intermediate exam without giving CA Foundation.
The CA Intermediate eligibility criteria through the Direct entry route are:
- Commerce student graduate or postgraduate should have scored a minimum of 55% marks, and non-commerce graduate or postgraduate students should have scored a minimum of 60% marks.
- Candidates must have cleared the intermediate level of the institute of company secretaries of India and the institute of cost Accountancy in India.
Students registering for the CA Intermediate through the foundation route can go for either both groups or a single group. But, the direct entry route students have to register for both groups together.
CA Inter Registration Fees:
|Fee Details||Both Groups (Rs)||Single Group (Rs)|
|Student’s Activity Fee||2000||2000*|
|Registration Fee as article assistant||1000|
* To be paid once.
- The registration fee for CA Intermediate is $1000 for both groups and $600 for a single group for foreign students.
- The students who are entering the CA Course by the direct entry route have to pay Rs 200 (US $20) as a cost of the prospectus in addition to the above fees.
- Direct entry students also need to register themselves for the ITT and OP training program before registering for the practical training each for 15 days.
- The fee for ITT(Information Technology Training) Program is Rs 6500/- inclusive of the Study Material and tea/refreshments provided by the ICAI.
- And the fee for the OP (Orientation Program ) is Rs 7000/- inclusive of Study Materials and tea/refreshments provided by the ICAI.
Students can check the total CA course fees in this detailed article.
CA Intermediate Registration Process 2023
- Visit the ICAI website and click on the Service Portal Link or go to ICAI portal. Enter your username and password to log in to your self-service portal.
- After authentication, click on “Click Here to access the Student SSP Portal.“
- Click on the student cycle.
- Now the foundation route students have to click on “Intermediate through Foundation”. However, the direct entry route students can click on Intermediate through Direct entry.
- Afterwards, direct entry route students have to fill in their personal details. However, the personal details of the CA Foundation student will be filled in automatically. Verify the details and click on “Save and Next“.
- Next, you need to enter your Qualification details.
- Upload all the required documents, provide the details and click on “Save and Next”.
- Now upload your Photo/ Signature. The image must be of size up to 100KB.
- Click on Generate OTP. You will receive the OTP on your registered number, or the ICAI will send a verification link to your email id.
- Now enter the OTP & the Captcha code and click on the Submit button.
- Lastly, pay the CA Inter registration fees. The submitted application will be verified by ICAI and thereafter authorized accordingly.
After the successful payment, the system will generate a CA Intermediate registration form. Students are required to save the form and take its printout. Moreover, sign the form and submit it to the concerned regional office within 7 days along with the documents.
ICAI CA Intermediate Registration Validity – The validity of the CA Inter registration form is for 4 years. If the candidate can’t qualify for the exam within four years, he has to revalidate his registration.
ICAI has introduced the CA new scheme of education & training. Here, the institute has increased the registration validity from 4 years to 5 years.
What are the Documents Required for CA Inter Registration?
- Attested copy of the class 12th marksheet or its equivalent Central Govt. recognized examination.
- For the direct entry scheme students – Attested copy of the Graduation / Post Graduation Marksheet or Mark statement of Intermediate level Examination of ICSI (Institute of Company Secretaries of India) or ICWAI (Institute of Cost Accountants of India)
- Coloured and latest photograph.
- Proof of Nationality, if a student is a foreigner.
- Proof of special category certificate i.e. SC/ST/OBC or Differently abled.
Make sure that you have all the above documents with you while filling out the CA Intermediate registration form.
Once the above formalities are completed, CA Intermediate Study Material will be dispatched to the students within one month through the Centralized Dispatch System.
CA Intermediate Registration Last Date
The last date to register for the CA Intermediate May 2023 exams is Sept 1, 2022, and Nov 2023 exams is March 1, 2023. Check the table below the know the important dates.
|CA Intermediate Registration||Last Date|
|May 2023||Sept 1, 2022|
|Nov 2023||March 1, 2023|
Click on this link to check the CA Inter May 2023 exam dates.
How to Check CA Intermediate Registration Status?
Once the registration is completed, students generally get bothered about whether their CA Intermediate registration is done or not. Follow these simple steps to check your CA Inter registration status:
- Go to the ICAI website (www.icai.org).
- Click on the E-services.
- This will take you to the page where you will find the “Reprint Letter”. Click on it.
- Enter the required details and then it will generate a letter showing your registration status.
- This process takes 30 – 40 days to get updated. So, you have to visit the site regularly.
- However, if the above time has passed and your registration status is not updated, then you should inquire with your concerned regional office on any working day.
Note: The students are requested not to wait for the Foundation marks statement from the examination division; rather, they should download a copy from the internet and register themselves as soon as possible.
What After CA Intermediate Registration Nov 2023?
The exams will be conducted after 8 months of CA Intermediate registration. Before it was 9 months but the main examination division made some amendments to the CA examination pattern. You also have to fill out the CA Inter exam form. After filing the exam form, you’ll get the CA Inter admit card.
Now, as there are 8 subjects in the CA Intermediate, it will be going to be tough for you to clear this exam. So, complete the syllabus on time and solve CA Intermediate papers such as past year papers and mock test papers. This way you can achieve a good CA Inter result.
Q 1. What is the last date for CA Intermediate Registration?
Ans: The CA Intermediate registration’s last date for the May 2023 attempt is Sept 1, 2022, and the Nov 2023 attempt is March 1, 2023.
Q 2. How to register for CA Intermediate Course Nov 2023 through the Direct Entry Route?
Ans: For direct entry route students, go to the ICAI website and register with the SSP portal. Then select the student cycle, fill in all the required details, submit the documents and pay the registration fees.
Q 3. What is the validity of the CA Inter registration form?
Ans: Intermediate registration forms are valid for 4 years. After that, you have to renew your registration.
Q 4. What is the CA Inter registration fee?
Ans: Indian candidates have to pay Rs. 18000 for both groups and Rs. 13000 for a single group. However, for foreign students, the registration fee is $1000 for both groups and $600 for a single group.
Q 5. What are the Documents required for ICAI CA Inter Registration?
Ans: Submit the attested copy of the Marksheet of class 12th or its equivalent Central Govt. recognized examination pass Mark statement. For the direct entry scheme students – Submit the attested copy of the Graduation / Post Graduation Marksheet OR Marksheet or Mark statement of Intermediate level Examination of ICSI (Institute of Company Secretaries of India)