ICAI CA Direct Entry Scheme 2023 after Graduation for Inter
The ICAI has implemented the Direct entry scheme in CA for graduate and post-graduate students w.e.f. Aug 1, 2012. As per the ICAI direct entry scheme, graduate students can directly register for the Intermediate course, skipping the CA Foundation level.
In this article, we have mentioned all the details of the CA direct entry scheme 2023, such as its eligibility, registration fees, procedure, articleship training fees and the reduced duration of the CA course.
Eligibility Criteria for the CA Direct Entry Scheme 2023
The eligibility criteria for the candidates to register themselves for the CA Intermediate course with the Direct Entry Route are given below:
- Commerce Graduates/ Post Graduates scored a minimum of 55% marks or other graduates or postgraduates who scored a minimum of 60% marks.
- Candidates who have passed the Intermediate level of the Institute of Companies Secretaries of India or Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
Steps to Register for CA Inter Exams Through Direct Entry Route
Follow the below-mentioned steps to register for the CA Intermediate course through the direct entry scheme.
- Go to the ICAI official website or click on this link.
- Then, click on the first-time user and register.
- Enter all the basic details asked and tap on Generate OTP. Afterwards, you’ll receive the login details.
- Now, log in to the ICAI portal and click on the Students function.
- Then, select the button to apply for the Intermediate level through the direct entry scheme.
- Afterwards, submit all the required details and documents.
- Lastly, pay the fees.
*Note – Your application for the CA Intermediate registration via the direct entry scheme will be sent for approval in the nearby ICAI centre. It will be approved in the next 10-15 days.
Provisional Registration in CA for the Graduation Final Year Students
Candidates who are pursuing the Final year of Graduation can register for the CA Intermediate course on a provisional basis after submitting satisfactory proof of having passed the graduation examination with the above-specified marks.
The proof shall be submitted within 6 months from the date of appearance in the final year of the graduation exam as well as the successful completion of ICITSS (Orientation course and Information Technology).
It has been clear that during the provisional registration, one can undergo and complete ICITSS. But if a student failed to produce the proof within the aforesaid period, his provisional registration shall stand cancelled. Further, the registration and any other fees shall neither be refunded nor a credit shall be given for any of the theoretical information undergone.
Students can also check the detailed step-by-step procedure on how to become a CA, by visiting the given link.
CA Intermediate Registration Fees for the Direct Entry Route Students 2023
Candidates enrolling themselves for the CA Intermediate Course through the Direct Entry scheme have to register themselves for both groups. See the chart below:
|Registration Options / Various Charges||Both Groups (INR)||Both Groups (US$)|
|Student Activities Fee||2,000|
|Registration fee as an articled assistant||1,000|
Direct Entry Route students have to pay Rs 200/- (US$ 20) over and above.
Read More: CA Intermediate Exam Form
CA Articleship Training Fee in the Direct Entry Route
Candidates before appearing for the CA finals have to register for the training. Candidates also have to do four weeks of ICITSS and 3 years of articleship.
|Integrated course information technology||Rs 6500||Rs 7000|
|Soft skills||Rs 7000||Rs 7500|
|Articleship for 3 years||Rs 2000|
Students can check more information about the CA Intermediate fee structure, on the given link.
Registration Fees for CA Final Students
CA Direct entry registration fees for both groups of CA Final is Rs 22000.
Thus, the CA course fees after graduation is Rs. 76,200.
How Graduate Students can Become a CA Through Direct Entry Scheme?
- Graduates and Post Graduates from the commerce stream who have secured a minimum of 55% marks or other graduates with a minimum of 60% marks can enrol themselves for the CA Intermediate through the Direct Entry Route.
- You must have completed 4 weeks of ICITSS (Orientation Program and Information Technology) before the commencement of Practical Training.
- Get yourself registered for three years of practical training.
- Successfully complete 9 months of practical training to appear in CA Intermediate Examination.
- Qualify both groups of Intermediate course.
- Get registered for the CA Final after qualifying both Groups of Intermediate.
- Undergo four weeks of AICITSS during the last two years of practical training but before appearing in the Final Examination.
- Successfully complete such practical training.
- Qualify both groups of CA Final.
- Become Member.
Download CA Intermediate Syllabus from here!
Procedure for Intermediate Passed Students of ICSI/ICWA
Candidates who have passed the Intermediate level of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India can also register for the CA Intermediate level through the direct entry scheme.
- The procedure for registration in the CA Intermediate for such students will be the same as normal route students.
- After registration, they have to undergo eight months of study period to appear in CA Intermediate Exams.
- Appear and pass either single or both groups of CA Intermediate.
- Register themselves for the three years articleship training on passing either single or both groups of CA Intermediate.
- Enrol for the CA Final after qualifying both the groups of CA Intermediate.
- Undergo and Complete four weeks of AICITSS while pursuing the last two years of practical training but before appearing in the Final Examination.
- They can appear in the CA Final Examination during the last six months of articleship training.
- Complete the CA Articleship Training.
- Qualify both groups of CA Final.
- Become a member of ICAI.
Duration for CA Direct Entry Scheme
Once the candidates have registered for the direct entry scheme, they have almost one year for the exam. Students take 8 months study period time to prepare themselves after registering for the CA direct entry scheme in the month of Feb or Sept. Candidates need to go for 4 weeks of ICITSS training and 9 months of articleship training before the examinations.
Candidates registering after graduation have to appear for the first group and both group exams after an 8 months study period. They require ICITSS training for a month. And, after clearing both groups students can do practical training. So, the total CA Course duration after graduation is 4.5 years.
Many students wonder whether the direct entry route is good for their CA journey or not. So, check out the pros and cons of the ICAI direct entry scheme in CA.
|Allow the student to appear Intermediate level, hence saving time by exempting from the foundation level.||Since students skip the basic level, the understanding of this course is sometimes nebulous.|
|Allow integration of different streams of commerce studies at Intermediate levels.||Students find it hard to register as an intern in prestigious firms, as these firms prefer merit holders from Intermediate and foundation levels.|
In the above article, we have discussed the complete details of the Direct Entry Route scheme such as eligibility to pursue CA through the Direct Entry Route and complete steps for all such category students to become Chartered Accountants.
Hope you find this article helpful so stay in tune for more such articles.
Q1. What is Direct entry in CA?
Ans: The direct entry scheme is launched by ICAI in 2012 through which you can directly register for the CA Intermediate course after your graduation or post-graduation.
Q2. How to register for CA Intermediate through the direct entry route?
Ans: Students have to qualify for the eligibility criteria to register for the CA Intermediate course. Afterwards, the registration process is almost the same.
Q3. How can students pursue CA after their Graduation?
Ans: Once your graduation is completed, you can register for the CA Intermediate course through the direct entry scheme. Moreover, you have to get the minimum marks specified by ICAI and have to register for both groups.
Q4. What is the minimum percentage required for CA after Graduation?
Ans: If you register for the CA Inter course through the direct entry route method, you’ll need 55% in case you are a commerce graduate and 60% in case of other streams.
Q5. How many years are required by the students to complete the CA course after completion of their graduation?
Ans: It requires 3 years for candidates to complete the CA courses after graduation if they clear all their CA exams on the first attempt. If candidates do not clear their CA exams on the first attempt then their duration of completing the CA course will be increased.