Direct Entry Scheme in Chartered Accountancy
CA Direct Entry Scheme is discussed thoroughly in this article. Direct Entry Route refers to a direct entry in the Chartered Accountancy course without appearing for the entrance level test i.e. CA Foundation. ICAI has implemented the Direct Entry Scheme w.e.f. 1st Aug 2012 according to which students can directly enroll themselves for the CA Intermediate Course.
Recommended Read - CA Intermediate Registration Procedure
CA Direct Entry Scheme - Eligibility
The candidates who are eligible to register themselves with the Direct Entry Route are given below -
- Commerce Graduates / Post Graduates scored minimum 55% marks or other graduates or Postgraduates who scored minimum 60% marks.
- Candidates who have passed the Intermediate level of Institute of Companies Secretaries of India or Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
Provisional Registration for the Final Year Students -
Candidates who are pursuing the Final Year of Graduation can register for the Intermediate course on the provisional basis and they can commence articleship training after submitting the satisfactory proof of having passed the graduation examination with the above-specified marks.
Download CA Intermediate Application Form from here!
The proof shall be submitted within 6 months from the date of appearance in the final year of graduation exam as well as successful completion of ICITSS (Orientation course and Information Technology).
It has been clear that during the provisional registration, one can undergo and complete ICITSS. But if such student failed to produce the proof within the aforesaid period, his provisional registration shall stand canceled and the registration and any other fees shall neither be refunded nor a credit shall be given for any of the theoretical information undergone.
Procedure for Intermediate Passed Students of ICSI/ ICWA -
The candidates who have passed the Intermediate level of Institute of Company Secretaries of India or Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India can register directly for the CA Intermediate level.
- The procedure for registration in the CA Intermediate for such students will be the same as normal route students.
- After registration, they have to undergo eight months of the study period to appear in CA Intermediate Exams.
- Appear and pass either single or both groups of CA Intermediate.
- Register themselves for the three years articleship training on passing either single or both groups of CA Intermediate.
- Enroll for the CA Final after qualifying both the groups of CA Intermediate.
- Undergo and Complete four weeks of AICITSS while pursuing the last two years of practical training but before appearing in Final Examination.
- They can appear in CA Final Examination during the last six months of articleship training.
- Complete Articleship Training.
- Qualify both the groups of CA Final.
- Become a member of ICAI.
Procedure for Graduates / Post Graduates -
- Graduates and Post Graduates from commerce stream who have secured a minimum 55% marks or other graduates with minimum 60% marks can enroll themselves for the CA Intermediate through the Direct Entry Route.
- Successfully complete 4 weeks of ICITSS (Orientation Program and Information Technology) before the commencement of Practical Training.
- Get yourself Register for Three Years of Practical Training.
- Successfully complete 9 months of practical training to appear in CA Intermediate Examination.
- Qualify both groups of Intermediate course.
- Get Register for the CA Final after qualifying both groups of Intermediate.
- Undergo four weeks of AICITSS during the last two years of practical training but before appearing in Final Examination.
- Successfully complete such practical training.
- Qualify both groups of CA Final.
- Become Member.
Registration Fee for CA Intermediate for the Direct Entry Route Students -
Candidates enrolling themselves for the CA Course through the Direct Entry Route have to register themselves for Both Groups of Intermediate. See the chart below -
|Registration Options / Various Charges||Both Groups (INR)||Both Groups (US$)|
|Student Activities Fee||2,000|
|Registration fee as an articled assistant||1,000|
Direct Entry Route students have to pay Rs 200/- (US$ 20) over and above.
In the above article, we have discussed the complete details about the Direct Entry Route implemented by ICAI w.e.f. 1st Aug 2012 say it, eligible candidates, to pursue CA through Direct Entry Route and complete steps for all such category students to become Chartered Accountant.
Hope you find this article helpful so stay in tune for more such articles.
Download CA Intermediate Syllabus from here!