CBSE Class 12 Practical 2023: Exams, Date Sheet, Syllabus & Marks
CBSE Class 12 practical exams are an essential part of the 12th board. The CBSE conducts these exams to assess the practical application of the topics studied by the students in class 12th.
It is easy to score good marks in the 12th practical exams and will give you support to your overall marks in the boards. So, in this article, you’ll get detailed information about the CBSE Class 12 practical exams, syllabus, date sheet, exam pattern, marks distribution, books, and preparation tips.
CBSE Class 12 Practical Exams: An Overview
The CBSE conducts the practical exams for 12th students before the board exams. So, the practical exams for the 2022-23 session will be held in February 2023.
The practical exams of CBSE class 12th are conducted for the following subjects:
- Business Studies
- Computer Science
- Information Practices
- Fine Arts
- Political Science
The marks of the class 12th practical exams vary from subject to subject. The marks for the 12th practicals range from 20 to 70. As we mentioned earlier, it is comparatively easier to score marks in practical exams. So, students should prepare well and try to get full marks in these papers.
Class 12th Practical Syllabus for All Subjects
In the table below, students can download the pdf of the practical syllabus for class 12th:
How to Download the Practical Syllabus 2023 for Class 12th?
To download the class 12th Practical syllabus follow the steps
- Visit CBSE.nic.in.
- Click on the ‘curriculum’ button for the syllabus page.
- Go to ‘Senior Secondary Curriculum (XI-XII)’
- Then click Academic Electives for the list of subjects.
- Choose the subjects to download the CBSE class 12 syllabus.
- Download pdf of each subject syllabus.
Date Sheet for 12th Practical Exams 2022-23
The class 12th practical exams will be held in February 2023. The CBSE board will release the date sheet of the board exams and the practical exams at the same time.
|CBSE Class 12 Practical Date Sheet 2023||February 2023|
Note: The subject-wise date sheet for the 12th practical exams will be declared soon.
How to Download CBSE Class 12 Practical Date Sheet 2022-23?
To download the CBSE class 12 practical date sheet 2020-21 from the official website cbse.nic.in, students can follow the steps given below for the CBSE class 12 practical datasheet:
- Visit the official website.
- Click the tab of the CBSE class 12 date sheet.
- Students can view the date sheet on the screen.
- To save the CBSE class 12 date sheet, click on the download tab.
CBSE Class 12 Practicals: How it is Conducted?
- The respective school conducts the CBSE practical for class 12th as an internal assessment.
- Internal evaluation for the 12th practical will be done by the school teachers only.
- The Board will provide the date and time slot for the CBSE class 12 practical exams.
- No different admit card is required for the practical exam.
CBSE 12th Practical Marks Distribution
There is not much change in the CBSE class 12th practical marks distribution. The paper pattern for a few subjects is 80+ 20 formats, 80 marks are allotted for theory papers, and 20 marks are allotted for internal evaluation or practical exams. The CBSE also follows the 70+30 format for a few subjects, wherein 70 is for theory papers and 30 for the practicals or internal evaluation.
CBSE Class 12 Practical Guidelines
Given below are the important points regarding the CBSE practical for class 12 every student must know:
- Schools will conduct the practical exams and project assessments within the time allotted to them.
- The practical marks will be allotted by the teachers on the link provided to them.
- The exams will be held in the schools.
- With the school teacher, an external examiner will be available for the evaluation.
- Schools must note that only those external examiners will be allowed which are appointed by the CBSE.
CBSE Class 12 Practical Books
The prescribed Class 12 practical books are given below:
- Chemistry Book- Lab Manual
- Biology Book- Lab Manual
- Physics Book- Lab Manual
- Mathematics Book- Lab Manual
Class 12th Practical Exam Preparation Tips
The CBSE class 12 practical preparation tips for Internal Assessment are given below:
- Students should go through the theorem and principles for conducting experiments.
- Students must do the revision of practical experiments and lab manuals.
- Practising diagrams will help students prepare well for the practical exam.
- Clear the doubts before examinations.
- Revise the viva questions for exams.
For scoring good marks in the exam, students must make sure that they also prepare for the class 12 practicals. From the given CBSE class 12 practical guide, students will get information about all the important updates regarding practical exams. VSI is one of the best online institutions which guides students to prepare well for the CBSE class 12 exams. So Join now with VSI Jaipur, and stay updated with all the latest information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. When will the CBSE class 12 exam 2023 be started?
Ans: The CBSE 12th board exams will conduct in March 2023.
Q2. When will CBSE Class 12th practical exams be conducted?
Ans: The CBSE will conduct the class 12th practical exams in the month of February 2023.
Q3. How CBSE class 12 practical exams are conducted?
Ans: The practical exams will be held in the schools. With the internal examiner, there will also be an external examiner for the internal evaluation.
Q4. Are the 12th practical exams easy?
Ans: Yes, the practical exams of class 12 are easy and scoring.