Check CBSE Project of Class 12 Accountancy 2020-21
As there is no proper information available on the internet, many students and teachers are still confused about the 2021 project guidelines, project topic ideas, to make a project report, and more. There have been a continuous demand from VSI class 12th commerce students for proper information on CBSE guidelines on the 2020-2021 accountancy project, 12th accountancy projects. How to make a segment analysis report? and more.
According to the latest CBSE guidelines only One Specific Report needs to be submitted in the month of March 2021 to the respective project guides in school. There is no provision of sending a comprehensive project file in pdf format or online.
VSI is the best online coaching institute in India. We are India’s best coaching institute providing physical and online classes to class 11&12th students. VSI is also CA coaching institute in India that provides the best CA coaching for foundation, intermediate and final. CBSE Class 12th commerce students prefer to choose CA as a professional course after their senior secondary exams.
Students who are still confused about which books should I read to complete the accounts 2021 syllabus, which chapters are deleted after CBSE reduce 30% course, then this blog is just for your help.
In this blog we have shared all the PDF to Download Ncert Class 12 Accountancy Book for CBSE and also the chapter wise links rightly syncing with the new and reduced syllabus.
To excel in your commerce 2021 exams read our blog on preparation tips and advice from our expert teachers.
|Part A||Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Organizations||60|
|Part B||Analysis of Financial Statements||20|
|Part C Practical Project test||—-Written test
|TOTAL ACCOUNTS SUBJECT MARKS||100 marks|
Accountancy Project work syllabus is the Part C of class 12th complete accounts syllabus. Usually, the exams are held in the month of March. The school will notify their students about the written test paper date, date to submit the project file, and VIVA. Total 20 marks are allotted for this section of the Accounts 2021 syllabus which is then further divided into 3 categories.
A.Written Test Paper:
Students need to appear for writing exams as scheduled by the school of the students.
Total marks: 12 marks
- Questions asked: 3-4
- Topics covered in the syllabus: Ratio analysis, comparative analysis, common size analysis, cash flow analysis.,
- Total hours allotted: 1 hour
- Book prescribes to cover project syllabus: Analysis of a financial statement by T.S Grewal, DK Goel, and NCERT book
B.Project File Submission
Total Marks: 04
Students need to prepare the project file for their project guides in school. They can score 4 marks by submitting a neat, clean, impressive, and properly formatted project report.
1)CBSE Guidelines on CBSE Accountancy Project for class 12th 2021
CBSE has reduced the syllabus for account projects for class 2021. Students now only need to make one specific project file. Earlier students used to make one comprehensive project and 1 specific project. Where a comprehensive project file included all the basic journal entries, Cash flow statements, p&l accounts, balance sheet, ratio analysis, for a particular company. While a specific report needs to cover the company profile, assessment of financial statements, and specific report analysis.
From 2021, students of 12th commerce will prepare only one specific project, students have extra 10 hours saved with them to score more than 90% marks in Accounts.
2)Why Are Project Reports Prepared By Class 12th Students?
According to CBSE guideline, the main objective of preparing the project report is for the following reason
- Able to state the meaning, objectives, and limitations of financial statement analysis.
- Learn the proper use of different tools of ‘financial statements analysis’.
- Are able to make Comparative Statements and Common Size Statement
- Understand the Meaning, objective, advantage, and limitation of each Accounting Ratios
- Learn the formulas for all Types of Ratios
- Liquidity Ratios: Current ratio and Quick ratio.
- Solvency Ratios: Debt to Equity Ratio, Total, Asset to Debt Ratio, Proprietary Ratio and, Interest Coverage Ratio.
- Activity Ratios: Inventory Turnover Ratio, Trade Receivables Turnover Ratio, Trade Payables Turnover Ratio, and Working Capital Turnover Ratio.
- Profitability Ratios: Gross Profit Ratio, Operating Ratio, Operating Profit Ratio, Net Profit Ratio, and Return on Investment
3) Accountancy 2021 Project Ideas for Students
Students should always choose the topic that is interesting and also easy for them. When students have a deep and clear understanding of topics, project making activity becomes fun.
Students should also choose the company with a varied product mix and avoid choosing service-based companies. They should prefer projects on partnership firms or joint companies.
Students should also choose the topic for which information can be easily gathered from the internet, magazine, and newspaper.
Some Accounts Project ideas for class XII are:
- Ratio analysis for Dabur
- Ratio analysis for ITC
- Ratio analysis for HLL
Cash flow analysis
- Cash flow analysis for Dabur
- Cash flow analysis for ITC
- Cash flow analysis for HLL
- Segment analysis for Dabur
- Segment analysis for ITC
- Segment analysis for HLL
4)CBSE Guidelines On Project Report File Format for 2021
The first page of the file should have the project title, information of the student, school, and the teacher concerned.
The second page must have an Index to indicate columns for the project title, page numbers, date, teacher remark, and signature.
Then the body of the project should be presented in this arrangement
- Period of the study
- Source material
- Tools of analysis used
- Processing and tabulation of data
- Derivations, interpretation, and conclusion
- Assumption if any
5) Steps For Preparation Of Specific Project Report
- Firstly Students need to choose whether they want to prepare a cash flow analysis report, ratio analysis report, or segment report.
- Secondly, students should gather all the financial statements like balance sheet, P&L statement, inventory list, product list, and all other necessary information required for analysis.
- Thirdly, look for the specific question that needs to be answered to process the tabulation of data. For e.g. which is the most profitable product in the product mix? Or should they get more loans for expansion? Or how can they save their cost?
- Fourthly start analyzing all the data with specific tools like ratios or making charts and tables to help you reach some conclusion.
- Fifthly prepare Comparative Statements and Common Size Statement
- Lastly, start placing all the product documents and sheet neatly in the format prescribed by CBSE
6) Rubrics to Prepare Project File
This table will help you while preparing projects for ratio analysis, cash flow, and segment analysis. Students can learn how to set the objective, source material, tools of analysis before preparing the project file.
Table with head
|Ratio analysis Project||Cash flow Analysis||Segment Analysis|
|Objective||Should a company pay all Its liabilities?
Should a company buy x Qty of goods on credit?
|Should Companies invest in the expansion?
Where is the company making maximum expenditure?
|Which Product is most profitable for the company?
Should Company stop producing product X?
|Source material||Debtor creditors list
|Cash flow statements
Profit and loss statements
|Product revenue and expenditure sheet
Profit and loss account
|Tools of Analysis||Accounting Ratios||Cash and Cash Equivalents, Cash Flows||Comparative Statements and Common Size Statement|
|Infographics||graphs, pie chart, bar charts||graphs, pie chart, bar charts||graphs, pie chart, bar charts|
—Project With GST
Students who choose to make a cash flow analysis or Segment Analysis report should factor in all the GST included cost price. How GST has impacted the manufacturing industry and service industry can also be presented as a comparative statement.
Download the specific project of segment analysis. PDF file from here.
7) Guidelines To Follow While Making Project
- Knowing and understanding the project topics in-depth,
- Always Select an interesting accounting project topic
- Always keep the project short and precise.
- Try to add more diagrams, graphs, pie chart, bar charts, and any other infographics
- Submit a project on time
- If you have any doubts or problems, talk to your teacher.
- VSI Students can call at this number 093514-68666 in case of any doubt.
C. VIVA TEST
The last is the VIVA or oral exams that are scheduled by the school itself in the month of March. The students receive questions in VIVA related to the project submitted. The purpose of scheduling VIVA is to ensure that projects prepared by the students have helped them to create a proper understanding of the topics.
2021 Important Questions for Accounts Practical VIVA
VIVA won’t be more than 5-10 minutes duration and if students who prepare the project with interest and excitement know all the answers to VIVA questions.
If you want to know about important questions of VIVA, then read the entire chapter
from NCERT book 2 of accountancy.
Are you Still looking for Important questions for VIVA for 2021, then fill the form below. We can send the VIVA question list to your email.
VSI provides all the authentic and latest information which is published by the CBSE curriculum for the students. Students must download the CBSE class 12 practical syllabus 2020-21 for future reference.