The class 12th English project is an integral part of the English subject curriculum. It is worth 20 marks out of a total of 100 marks. Students will be given on the basis of the project they prepare, along with internal assessment. The project is based on reading skills, writing skills, and literature text. Here is a guide for preparing English project class 12 CBSE that includes the marking scheme, project objective, how to prepare a project, etc.
CBSE Class 12th English Project guidelines 2023-24
The CBSE has provided the guidelines for the Class 12th English Project for 2023-24. There are no particular guidelines to prepare for English project class 12, but there are general ones. Take a look-
– The project should be based on independent reading and learning skills.
– Students can select a non-syllabus book to prepare their project.
– It must include creative writing skills. You can write a formal/informal letter or notice in your class 12th English project.
– It should be based on the section-wise distribution of marks for the project that includes Literature text, Reading Skills, and Creative Writing Skills.
These are a few basic guidelines students have to follow while preparing an English project for class 12. Make sure it aligns with the CBSE Class 12 English Syllabus 2023-24 and helps to develop your creative writing and reading skills and language proficiency.
Furthermore, you can also read the CBSE Class 12th English book NCERT.
Marking scheme of CBSE class 12th English Project Work 2023-24
Before you prepare your CBSE class 12th English project, take a look at the marking scheme for the English board exam-
– The total marks for the class 12th examination are 100, from which 80 marks are for the main paper, and 20 are for internal assessment and project work.
– The project is worth 10 marks. There will be an assessment of speaking and listening skills of 05 marks each.
CBSE class 12th English Project Work Written test Syllabus 2023-24
The English Written test Syllabus for Class 12 will be on the basis of the English Syllabus 2023-24. There will be three sections in the English paper- Reading Skills, Creative Writing Skills, and Literature Text.
The written exam of English class 12 is a total of 80 marks. The total marks for the English subject is 100, out of which 80 marks are for the written exam and 20 are for the Class 12th English Project and assessment.
Furthermore, You can also check the CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2023-24.
Objectives of CBSE Class 12th English Project 2023-24
The objectives of class XII English project are-
To enhance the reading, speaking, and listening skills of students. It will help them to extract information and develop confidence to speak and participate in public discussion.
It will help to develop language proficiency and focus on improving vocabulary and grammar.
Preparing projects will help improve their writing skills. They will be writing letters, notices, and ads, and maybe their project will include designing posters as well.
CBSE Class 12th English Project Work Ideas 2023-24
- The theme of the project can be inter-disciplinary. The ideas/issues discussed in the prescribed books’ chapters/poems/dramas can also be extended into a project.
- Students can also choose any relevant and age-appropriate topic.
How to Prepare for the Class 12th English Project 2023-24?
Understand the syllabus: before you prepare your Class 12 English Project, it is essential that you understand the syllabus. It will provide you with some ideas for topics.
Choose a topic: Pick a topic you are familiar with and that interests you for class 12 English project topics. Also, make sure it aligns with the guidelines provided by CBSE and the syllabus for the academic year 2023-24.
Research: While preparing for the project, do not skip on doing as much research as possible. Gather relevant information on the topic from various sources. Make notes and organize your research to make a project that stands out.
Plan and organize: Set a deadline to complete and submit your project. Create a plan and stick to it to make it in an organized way.
FAQs regarding Class 12 English Project 2023-24
1. How to prepare for the Class 12 English Project?
Follow the guidelines provided by CBSE to make a Class 12 English Project and choose a topic you are familiar with.
2. Can we get a Class 12 English Project Topic Idea from the NCERT Books?
Yes. You can take ideas from NCERT books for class 12 English project topics.
3. Is it compulsory to prepare for the CBSE Class 12 English Project?
Internal assessment will be done on the basis of your project. Hence, it is important to prepare an English project.
4. How to prepare for Class 12th English Project Viva-Voice?
Understand the topic of your subject and research on it. Also, prepare the class 12 English syllabus.