CA in Abroad – In recent years, many students are looking forward to working as CA in some foreign countries. At the same time, there is a continuous demand for Indian brains to work in the finance sector in developed countries like Europe and USA. To meet the demand ICAI has signed an MOU with many countries so that the CA course of India gets recognized in those countries and CA in abroad get first-hand opportunities.
CA stands for Chartered Accountant. It is a professional course after 12th in commerce stream. Further offering multiple job opportunities and options, with the best in hand salary alternates. ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants in India) thus handled the board and the course.
This course’s popularity can be judged by the number of students trying to attempt the CA foundation exam every year and increasing figures every year. Every year over 10 lakh students enrol for the CA Foundation course and commit 5 or more years of their life to become CA. Ironically only 12% of students can clear the final CA exam on the first attempt.
As can be seen, VSI is the best CA institute in India to help students with CA exams. at At the same time, CA is one of the most searched professional courses after 12th. VSI provides exclusive online CA coaching for students clearing class 11th and 12th exams. In together, we provide CA foundation coaching, CA intermediate coaching and CA final coaching all, under one roof.
Considering the above said point we will say CA is undoubtedly the most lucrative job but not an easy one to master.
Nevertheless, as a pioneer in providing CA Coaching in India, we know the best way to crack this hard nut.
As the most reliable mentor for CA course in India, we try to provide authentic information relate to every query. Among many, the one most common query among students is that what is the scope of CA in Abroad.
Read further to know what VSI has to say about CA scope Abroad.
Opportunities for CA
In CA course, the students are trained in accounting, taxation and auditing. The need for chartered accountants is highly increased in both large-scale and small-scale industries.
If you want to be a CA or want to pursue the course, you have to be accustomed to busy and tight schedules. This is because the course demands a lot of hard work. But the hard work is once justified with the results when the student will be selected for the CA profile.
The three main skills that are required in a good Chartered Accountant are analytical, compliance, and reporting skills. These are the skills based on which CA salary is paid. Chartered Accountant with skills like budget management, strategic accounting, management auditing, financial analysis, and controlling
The course’s increased hype has also increased the demands ca abroad, as many international Chartered Accounting firms are looking out for deserving CA’s working with them and assisting in the management of their accounts.
Scope for CA in Abroad:
The scope for ca abroad has increased worldwide. Though not defined by the institute, you have an option to pursue the career in the same, choosing any area catering to your interests. But the area of interest must align with your curriculum subjects.
CA of India also can launch their setup instead of working as an employee with the company. In this, they have to get the clients based on their merit. They can also join the public sectors, government services and can even apply for private-sector jobs.
And if you are searching out for the ca in foreign countries, then the CA institute is also well known and recognized in Wales, Australia and England. So, they have an option to practice the same in the countries mentioned above too.
But the only limitation is that they can only apply for the job with the firms which also have the involvement of Indian Operations. Otherwise, you might need to go for the locally recognized course of the country you are willing to work in. You also need to check out the exemptions you are getting due to Indian education systems.
Countries who have signed the MOU with ICAI:
Different countries provide different job profiles. For Example, Money Laundering is the focus area in the middle east, accounting being the focus area in Canada and the USA. Thus, this requires some additional time to understand the auditing sectors of these countries.
Salaries for the countries also vary for the course. This mainly depends on the living cost of each country. For example, you will get more than 60k USD, further justified by the high costs of living there.
Here is the list of some countries that have the MOU’s with ICAI. This will help you
Get the clarification about which country is best for CA study?
- Canada: Canada ended its MOU with its professional bodies back in 2016, and taking advantage, ICAI continued the talks for the same. But after the reconstitution of these bodies, the professional opportunity is thus difficult to state.
- Australia: The MOU with Australia allows you to be the associate member after the submission of asked documents. Nevertheless, you cannot practice it on public grounds there, which further says that you can work with the industries but will not certify or sign as an independent CA.
- England: This also has the same rules as Australia. You can work with a company but cannot sign or certify on your base.
- Dubai: Dubai chapter is the reason which attracts a lot of CA in to this city. The CA of India can become a member of CA chapter only after proper registration and affiliation. Once you become a CA, you can easily apply for or get jobs. At the same time, many new companies in Dubai are also recruiting many CA for their accounting and auditing profile. By 2024 Dubai will be investing hugely in setting up new business zone; hence will open doors for Job opportunities for Indian CA .
- Malaysia : Many of the VSI students were keen on looking for opportunities in Malaysia and Singapore. Singapore and Malaysia are destinations for any CA fresher that can give them good life style and hefty salary. But we would like to bring into notice to those aspirants that the CA fresher is not recognised in these cities, for that matter. Their Govt strongly supports local recruiters and even in case of hiring CA from India they demand more that 5 years experience.
About the CA Course:
It is mandatory for the companies registered under the company act to hire a chartered accountant. They work to manage various tasks, including financial controllers, finance managers, directors, or financial advisers, and further audit their accounts.
The scope for the students pursuing the course is increasing with increased opportunities. Once completed with all their structures, they can easily find a government or a private job with good annual packages.
They also can either pursue their career as an employee working for the firm or start with their practices.
Students can also pursue the Chartered Accountancy course after taking science. Check out this detailed article on how to become CA after 12th science.
Structure for the CA course
Students can pursue the course for chartered accountants in three different levels. Details and introduction to these levels is thus mentioned below:
CA Foundation: First Stage
Students who have cleared their 10th final examinations or boards can pursue the course at this level. They need to register themselves with the ICAI board of studies. They can register for their foundation exams last 60 days before the date of examination. But they can only appear for CA Foundation after clearing their 12th boards.
The foundation exam contains both objective and subjective questions, 400 marks divided equally into four different subjects.
The limitation of the same is that it also has a negative marking scheme. Students have to at least score 50% of the marks for the clearance.
CA Intermediate: Second Stage
This stage has further eight subjects divided into two groups, four subjects in each group. There are three more categories in which students can register for intermediate courses.
- For the students who have passed their 12th Exams and want to study abroad after 12th.
- Direct entry scheme for the graduates or non-graduates from the commerce or non-commerce stream.
- For the students who have already cleared out the Intermediate exams of Cost Accountant institutes.
After clearing out the two stages, students need to complete the three-year CA articleship training under a practising CA. During this, they need to go for two different management and communicational skills programs. article ship for the course can be pursued from any corner of India.
CA Final: Third Stage
This stage is the final one. In this too, eight subjects are divided into two groups. We expect students going for the exams to have complete knowledge of the subjects in this final stage.
There is no need to worry if you have been transferred as CA in abroad. But if you are looking out to start your practice there, you need to have the backup of other qualifications, especially those recognized by the specific country. These additional qualifications will thus help you find the root for better and increased opportunities.
Also Check: CA vs CMA