CA Final Course May 2023: Eligibility, Registration, Syllabus, Fees (Guide)
CA Final Course is the last and the biggest wall between you being Chartered Accountant. As you clear the CA Final exams, you will jump over that wall. However, to become eligible for the CA Final Course, first, you need to complete your articleship and clear both groups of the CA Intermediate course. The eligible aspirants can register for the course online and pay the required fees.
After registering for the course, students can start their preparation. In the CA Final course, you are now going to learn about advanced auditing, international taxation, capital markets, and so much more.
The CA Final Syllabus consists of 8 subjects, categorized into 2 groups. Both, Group I and Group II have 4 papers each that the candidates have to clear. The passing criteria of the CA Final exams are 40% in each subject and 50% marks overall.
In this CA Final course guide, you’ll get to know all the information from eligibility, registration process, preparation, filing exam form, fees, admit card, to results.
Also, every section of this guide is covered in a separate blog for comprehensive information. In case, you want to get more details, you can visit that blog from the link mentioned in that section.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India has announced the CA New scheme. The new scheme has proposed various changes in the CA Final course, including the registration validity, subjects, eligibility, exemptions, and exam pattern. For all the details of the CA new scheme, click on this link.
CA Final Course 2023: Complete Journey
In this section, we’ll be covering the complete journey that you will be going through from registering for the CA Final course to getting the results. You’ll get each and everything, short and crisp.
1. Eligibility – To become eligible for the CA Final Course, aspirants have to clear both groups of CA Intermediate exams and complete the articleship of 2.5 years.
2. Registration – The students have to fill out the registration form online and pay the registration fees of Rs. 22,000.
3. Preparation – CA Final syllabus includes 8 subjects categorized into 2 groups. You must start your preparation early so that you have sufficient preparation time.
4. Exam Form – Students can fill out the CA Final exam form for May 2023 exams in February month, once released by ICAI. The exam form fee is Rs. 3300.
5. Admit Card – ICAI releases the admit card 14 days before the examinations. All the students are advised to download the CA Final admit card May 2023 as soon as it is released.
6. Exams – The CA Final exam dates for the May 2023 attempt will be out soon. The papers are going to be held in the first half of May 2023.
7. Results – ICAI declares the results after 2 months after the last paper. To clear the CA Final course, you need to get 40% in each subject and 50% overall.
Read the blog to know, how to get rank in CA Final exams?
CA Final Course Important Dates – May 2023
Check the important dates for the CA Final course in the table below:
|Events||CA Final Dates|
|Last date to Register for May 2023||Jan 1, 2023|
|CA Final Exam Form dates||Feb 3 to Feb 24, 2023|
|CA Final Exam Dates||May 2 to May 17, 2023|
|Correction Window||March 4 to March 10, 2023|
|CA Final Admit Card||14 days before the exam|
|CA Final Result May 2023||July 2023|
CA Final Important Dates for Nov 2023
|Last date to Register for Nov 2023||July 1, 2023|
|CA Final Exam Form dates||Sept 2023|
|CA Final Exam Dates||First Half of Nov 2023|
|CA Final Admit Card||14 days before the exam|
|CA Final Result Nov 2022||Jan 2024|
Eligibility for CA Final Course May 2023
You will be eligible to appear in the CA Final May 2023 exams, only if you meet all the criteria given below:
- Cleared both the groups of the CA Intermediate Exam or its older versions.
- Registered before Jan 1, 2023.
- Your registration number should be valid on the date of filling out the application for the CA Final. (Validity Period- 5 years from the date of registration)
- You must have completed 2.5 years of CA articleship or are due to complete it.
- You should be in the last 12 months of service on May 1st, 2022 and due to complete the 3-year articled training before October 30th, 2023 (for PE-II students and PE-II converted to IPCC/IIPCC).
How to Register for CA Final Course Online?
To register for the CA Final Course, all the applicants must visit ICAI’s official website. The CA Final registration steps are as follows:-
- Visit the official website of ICAI.
- With the allotted password and registration ID, the students can complete their registration and can easily make a login. Then for registration, select the portal of SSP.
- From the two options that appear on-screen i.e. ‘Student Cycle’ and ‘Article Cycle’, select the former option.
- From CA final levels, you can choose courses.
- Now, CA Final registration will appear on-screen.
- Automatically the basic details get updated in the form as they were already during registration of CA Intermediate.
- If you need to correct something, the re-correct option is also available.
- According to the given size and formats, upload the necessary documents as per the information.
- Then after, you need to pay the registration fees. The fees will be paid online through net banking, credit card, or debit card.
- After the payment is successful, print and save CA Final form 2023 for future reference.
CA Final Registration Fees
|For Indian Students||Rs. 22,000|
|For Foreign Students||US$ 1100|
The registration fee for Indian students is Rs. 22000 and for Foreign students, it is $1100. The CA Final fee is Rs. 39800 for Indian students and $1550 for foreign students.
Also check: CA Course Fees
CA Final Syllabus and Subjects May 2023
The CA Final consists of mainly eight subjects. These are categorized into groups of 4 papers each. The 6th paper has 6 optional subjects from which the students have to choose one. ICAI has revised the syllabus for the CA Final course and made certain changes. In the latest announcement, ICAI deleted some topics from Paper 4 and Paper 5.
All 8 subjects for CA Final are categorized and mentioned below:
CA Final Group 1 Subjects
- Paper 1- Financial Reporting
- Paper 2- Strategic Financial Management
- Paper 3- Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics
- Paper 4- Corporate and Economic Laws
CA Final Group 2 Subjects
- Paper 5- Strategic Cost Management and Performance Evaluation
- Paper 6A- Risk Management
- Paper 6B- Financial Services and Capital Markets
- Paper 6C- International Taxation
- Paper 6D- Economic Laws
- Paper 6E- Global Financial Reporting Standards
- Paper 6F- Multidisciplinary Case Study
- Paper 7- Direct Tax Laws and International Taxation
- Paper 8- Indirect Tax Laws
The CA Final study material is provided by ICAI for each subject. Students who are registered under the new scheme have to refer to the new study material while the students registered under the old scheme have to refer to the old syllabus.
To know more about the CA Final open book examination, you can visit the given link.
Students can also take the help of the CA Final question bank to get an idea of the questions asked and how to answer them. One can get informed about ways to crack the paper for CA Final 2023. You can go through the below link to get relevant information and full details about the exam in Hindi.
CA Final Exam Form May 2023
After the registration form, students also have to fill out the CA Final exam form. The ICAI is expected to release the CA Final May 2023 exam form in the month of February 2023.
Get all the information regarding the CA Final Exam Form, how to fill the exam form, the correction window, the latest announcements, etc.
Students must make note of the documents required for filling the CA Final Exam Form, procedure, rules and instructions, and the Exam Form/Application Form fee.
If you make any mistake in the application form and want to make the changes, then you can edit those details whenever ICAI opens the correction window. However, this facility is open for a limited time and has some criteria. Therefore, you must be careful while filling out your application form/exam form.
Read More: CA Course
CA Finals Preparation
Chartered Accountancy candidates must practice different revision papers, mock test papers and previous year papers. It is an important part of your practice and preparation before the exams. Click on the link to download the CA Final Papers for the May 2023 exams including the previous year’s question papers, mock test papers and revision test papers.
Smart Tips to Excel In CA Final Exam May 2023
Given below are some of the smart tips to prepare well for your CA Final exams.
- Manage the efforts with the schedule: Students can design a proper timetable or schedule keeping in mind the syllabus and the CA Final exam pattern. In this way, one will get more time for the revision process.
- Master in the calculator: If students have good command over their calculators then they can do calculations faster, which can save their time too.
- Be relaxed: One should relax and take short breaks while studying. This can increase concentration and productivity.
- Equal focus on every subject: Equal attention must be given to each subject so the candidate must plan in this manner.
Apart from the above-mentioned CA Final preparation tips, you also need to focus on revisions. Revisions will help you in remembering all the concepts properly during the exams. You can also refer to our one-month revision strategy for CA Finals.
CA Final Books
At registration time, ICAI provides the study material. Other than that, students can also read some of the most recommended books for CA Finals. Some of the books that students can refer to are:
- CA Munish Bhandari (HandBook)
- CA Munish Bhandari (Full Book)
- Allied Laws HANDBOOK By Kamal Garg.
- ICAI Supplementary Study Material.
- Handbook on CA Final Law by G.Sekar B Saravana Prasath
CA Final Admit Card
Admit card is very important, as, without it, you’ll not be able to sit in the final exams. ICAI releases the admit card 14 days before the exam. On the admit card, you’ll see your name, examination centre, registration number, timing, and other details. Students have to download their admit cards online.
An important point that every student must keep in their mind is that the admit card can be downloaded only 3 times. So, it is advised to take a few photocopies of the admit card. You can check all the details about the CA Final Admit Card, by visiting this link.
CA Final Result
CA Final Results are announced around 2 months after the CA Final exams. A merit list is also released after the result announcement. There are various methods to check the CA Final Result—online, through SMS, and email.
To clear a group in the CA Final course, students must get at least 40% in each paper and 50% overall. Students who have cleared both groups will become CA. Students who want to seek verification of marks facility, have to follow a procedure. Get all the details at the link given above.
You can also check the CA Final Pass Percentage for the previous years, through the given link. If the result of the CA Final exams is not in your favour, then you should be disappointed. Rather, you should study even harder. You can follow these tips for CA Final to Start Over in A Better Way.
Ques 1. What are the eligibility criteria for CA Final registration?
Ans. A candidate should clear both groups of CA Intermediate and complete or about to complete the 3 years Articleship.
Ques 2. When a student can fill out the CA Final exam form for May 2023 attempt?
Ans. Students can fill out the CA Final May 2023 exam form in the month of Feb 2023, once released by the ICAI.
Ques 3. What is the exact way for cracking the CA Final Exam-Coaching Classes or Self-study?
Ans. Nothing can beat self-study for getting success in a particular exam. But, you’ll need to enrol in good CA Final coaching for exam preparation. VSI Jaipur Institute is an excellent CA Coaching Center for CA Final preparation.
Ques 4. For CA Final Exam, how many attempts can a person give?
Ans. For the CA Final exams, an aspirant can give 10 attempts.
Ques 5. Can I get the CA Final Admit Card through offline mode?
Ans. There is no option to obtain the admit card through offline mode. You will have to download it online from your personal dashboard only.
Ques 6. How many times can I download the CA Final Admit Card?
Ans. The admit card can be downloaded only three times. We suggest you take a few photocopies to avoid any problems later.