CA Final Course May 22: Eligibility, Registration, Syllabus, Fees
CA Final Course is the last and the biggest wall between you being Chartered Accountant. As you clear the CA Final exams, you will jump over that wall. However, to become eligible for the CA Final Course, first, you need to complete your articleship and clear both groups of the CA Intermediate course. The eligible aspirants can register for the course online and pay the required fees.
After registering for the course, students can start their preparation. The Syllabus of the CA Final course consists of 8 subjects (new course) and 7 subjects (old course), categorized into 2 groups. You are now going to learn about advanced auditing, international taxation, capital markets, and so much more.
Both, Group I and Group II have 4 papers each that the candidates have to clear. The passing criteria of the CA Final exams are 40% in each subject and 50% marks overall.
In this detailed guide, you’ll get to know all the information from eligibility, registration process, preparation, filing exam form, fees, admit card, to results.
Also, every section is covered in a separate blog for comprehensive information. In case, you want even more details, you can visit that blog from the link mentioned in that section.
CA Final Course 2022: Complete Journey
In this section, we’ll be covering the complete journey that you will be experiencing. From registering for the CA Foundation course to getting the results, you’ll get here each and everything, short and crisp.
1. Eligibility – To become eligible for the CA Final Course, aspirants have to clear the intermediate examination and complete the articleship of 3 years.
2. Registration – The students have to fill out the registration form online and pay the registration fees of Rs. 36,500(including registration and training fees).
3. Preparation – CA Final syllabus includes 8 subjects categorized into 2 groups. Start your preparation early so that you have sufficient preparation time.
4. Exam Form – The dates for filing the form for May 2022 exams have been released. The exam form fee is Rs. 3300.
5. Admit Card – ICAI releases the admit card 14 days before the examinations. All the students are advised to download the CA Final May 2022 admit card early.
6. Exams – The CA Final exams of May 2022 are going to be held from May 14 to May 29, 2022.
7. Results – ICAI declares the results after 2 months after the last paper. To clear the CA Final course, you need to get 40% in each subject and 50% overall.
Read the blog to know, how to get rank in CA Final exams?
CA Final Course Important Dates – May 2022
If you’re going to appear in the May 2022 CA Final exams, then you have the chance to register. The registrations for the May 2022 examinations will be closed on 1st January 2022. The important dates will be updated as soon as it is officially announced by ICAI.
|Registration form last date for May 2022||1st January 2022|
|CA Final Exam Form dates||Feb 21 to March 20, 2022|
|CA Final Exam Dates (New Scheme)||May 14 to May 29, 2022|
|Correction Window||March 21 to March 30, 2022|
|CA Final Admit Card||14 days before the exam|
|CA Final Result||July 2022|
Read More: CA Final Practice Manual
Eligibility for CA Final Course May 2022
You will be eligible to appear in the May 2022 CA Final Exams, only if you meet all the criteria given below:
- Cleared both the groups of the CA Intermediate Exam or its older versions.
- Registered on or before 31st Dec 2021 or converted registration from CA Final Old Course to CA Final New Course.
- Your registration number should be valid on the date of filling out the application for the CA Final. (Validity Period- 5 years from the date of registration)
- You must have completed the 3 years or 3 ½ years CA articleship or due to complete it before 30th October 2021.
- You should be in the last 12 months of service on May 1st, 2021 and due to complete the 3-year articled training before October 30th, 2022 (for PE-II students and PE-II converted to IPCC/IIPCC).
You should be in the last 6 months of articled training on May 1st, 2021 and due to complete 3 ½ years on or before October 31st, 2021 (for Intermediate/IPCC student).
You should be in the last 12 months of service on May 1st, 2021 and due to complete the 3 year articled training before October 31st, 2021 (for students converted from PE-II to PCC and then to IPCC/IIPCC)
Candidates who have opted for termination should be in service as on May 1st, 2021 and complete their balance period of articleship on May 1st, 2021 and on or before October 31st, 2021.
How to Register for CA Final Course Online?
To register for the CA Final Course, all the applicants must visit ICAI’s official website. The CA Final registration steps are as follows:-
- Visit the official website of ICAI.
- With the allotted password and registration ID, the students can complete their registration and can easily make a login. Then for registration, select the portal of SSP.
- From the two options that appear on screen i.e. ‘Student Cycle’ and ‘Article Cycle’, select the former option.
- From CA final levels, you can choose courses.
- Now, CA Final registration will appear on-screen.
- Automatically the basic details gets updated in form as they were already during registration of CA Intermediate.
- If you need to correct something, re-correct option is also available.
- According to the given size and formats, upload the necessary documents as per information.
- Then after, you need to pay the registration fees. The fees will be paid online through net banking, credit card, debit card.
- After the payment is successful, print and save CA Final form 2022 for future reference.
Register Now: CA Final Coaching
Registration Fee for CA Final Course
|For Indian Students||Rs. 22,000|
|For Foreign Students||US$ 1100|
During the registration procedure of CA Final Course, you have to pay for the registration. The registration fees for Indian student is Rs. 22000 and for Foreign students, it is $1100. The overall CA Course fees is very less as compared to the fees of other professional courses. The CA Final fees is Rs. 39800 for Indian students and $1550 for Foreign students.
Exemption: 75% fee concession has been given by ICAI in the registration fees for the CA candidates from some specific states which are listed below:
- Newly formed Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir
- Arunachal Pradesh
This benefit can be availed by students till 31st March 2022. Under this benefit students will only have to pay Rs. 5500* as CA Final Registration Fee.
* Registration fee – 75% Concession = Registration fee to be paid (Rs. 22000 – Rs. 16500 = Rs. 5500).
CA Final Syllabus and Subjects May 2022
The CA Final consists of mainly eight subjects. These are categorized into groups of 4 papers each. The 6th paper has 6 optional subject from which the students have to choose any one. ICAI has revised the syllabus for CA Final course and made certain changes. In the latest announcement, ICAI deleted some topics from Paper 4 and Paper 5. You can check the details in the image attached below.
The CA Final study material is provided by ICAI for each subject. Students who are registered under the new scheme have to refer to the new study material while the students registered under the old scheme have to refer to the old syllabus.
All the 8 subjects for CA Final are categorized and mentioned below:
- Paper 1- Financial Reporting
- Paper 2- Strategic Financial Management
- Paper 3- Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics
- Paper 4- Corporate and Economic Laws
- Paper 5- Strategic Cost Management and Performance Evaluation
- Paper 6A- Risk Management
- Paper 6B- Financial Services and Capital Markets
- Paper 6C- International Taxation
- Paper 6D- Economic Laws
- Paper 6E- Global Financial Reporting Standards
- Paper 6F- Multidisciplinary Case Study
- Paper 7- Direct Tax Laws and International Taxation
- Paper 8- Indirect Tax Laws
Read More: How to get exemption in Audit and Law?
To know more about the CA Final open book examination, you can visit the given link.
Under Education and Training revised scheme, one can download for all subjects of CA Final with their Section-wise weightage. This CA Final Exam Pattern further explains the question paper type and pattern along with the detailed skill-wise distribution.
Students can also take the help of CA Final question bank to get the idea of the questions asked and how to answer them. One can get informed about ways to crack the paper of CA Final 2022. And this CA Final Course helps a lot to prepare a person for an exam. You can go through the below link to get relevant information and full details about the exam in Hindi.
CA Final Exam Form
This is an important step in the process before appearing in the CA Final Exam. Before the exams start, CA candidates who wish to appear in a particular attempt are required to fill the CA Final Exam Form/Application Form before the last date given by ICAI or wait another six months for the next attempt.
Get all the information regarding the CA Final Exam Form, how to fill the exam form, correction window, latest announcements, etc.
Students must make special note of the documents required for filling the CA Final Exam Form, procedure, rules and instructions, and the Exam Form/Application Form fee.
If you make any mistake in the application form and want to make the changes, then you can edit those details whenever ICAI opens the correction window. However, this facility is open for a limited time and have some criteria. Therefore, you must be careful while filling your application form/exam form.
Read More: CA Course
CA Finals Preparation
Chartered Accountancy candidates must practice different revision papers, mock test papers and previous year papers. It is an important part of your practice and preparation before the exams. Click on the link to download the CA Final Papers for May 2022 exams including the previous year’s question papers, mock test papers and revision test papers.
The CA Final exams will start on May 14, 2022. The CA Final exam dates are 14, 17, 19, 21, 23, 25, 27, and 29 May, 2022.
Smart Tips to Excel In CA Final Exam May 2022
Given below are some of the smart tips to prepare well for your CA Final exams.
- Manage the efforts with the schedule: Students can design a proper timetable or schedule keeping the syllabus in mind. In this way, one will get more time for the revision process.
- Master in the calculator: If students have good command over their calculators then they can do calculations faster, that can save their time too.
- Be relaxed: One should relax and take short breaks while studying. This can increase the concentration and productivity.
- Equal focus on every subject: Equal attention must be given to each subject so the candidate must plan in this manner.
Apart from the above mentioned CA Final preparation tips, you also need to focus on revisions. Revisions will help you in remembering all the concepts properly during the exams. You can also refer to our one-month revision strategy for CA Finals.
CA Final Books
At the registration time, ICAI provides the study material. Other than that, students can also read some of the most recommended books for CA Finals. Some of the books that students can refer to are:
- CA Munish Bhandari (Hand Book )
- CA Munish Bhandari (Full Book)
- Allied Laws HANDBOOK By Kamal Garg.
- ICAI Supplementary Study Material.
- Handbook on CA Final Law by G.Sekar B Saravana Prasath
CA Final Admit Card
Admit card is very important, as without it, you’ll not be able to sit in the final exams. ICAI releases the admit card 14 days before the exam. On the admit card, you’ll see your name, examination centre, registration number, timing, and other details. Students have to download their admit card online.
An important point that every student must keep in their mind is that the admit card can be downloaded for only 3 times. So, it is advised to take few photocopies of the admit card. You can check all the details about the CA Final Admit Card, by visiting this link.
CA Final Result
CA Final Results are announced around 2 months later from the CA Final last exam. A merit list is also released after the result announcement. There are various methods to check the CA Final Result—online, through SMS, and email.
To clear the CA Final course, students must get at least 40% in each paper and 50% overall. For students who want to seek verification of marks facility, have to follow a procedure. Get all the details at the link given above.
You can also check the CA Final Pass Percentage for the previous years, through the given link. If the result of CA Final exams is not in your favor, then you should be disappointed. Rather, you should study even harder. You can follow these tips for CA Final to Start Over in A Better Way.
Ques 1. What is the eligibility criteria for CA Final registration?
Ans. A candidate should clear both groups of CA Intermediate and completed or about to complete the 3 years Articleship.
Ques 2. When a student can fill the Exam Form of CA Final exams?
Ans. The exam forms are made available on the ICAI portal a few months before the CA Final Exam. The dates are announced on the ICAI website’s announcements section.
Ques 3. What is the exact way for cracking the CA Final Exam-Coaching Classes or Self-study?
Ans. Nothing can beat self-study for getting success in a particular exam. But if you are still not content with your method of study then you can take CA coaching. VSI Institute in Jaipur is an excellent CA Coaching Center for CA Final preparation.
Ques 4. For CA Final Exam, how many attempts can a person give?
Ans. For the CA Final exams, an aspirant can give 10 attempts.
Ques 5. Can I get the CA Final Admit Card through offline mode?
Ans. There is no option to obtain the admit card through offline mode. You will have to download it online from your personal dashboard only.
Ques 6. How many times can I download the CA Final Admit Card?
Ans. The admit card can be downloaded only three times. We suggest you take a few photocopies to avoid any problems later.