CA Final Direct Tax (DT) – Syllabus, Study Material, Papers
Starting with CA Foundation, followed by the CA Intermediate course, and CA Final. CA Finals is the last stage of the CA course. It is the main level to clear to become a CA in India. Exams of the CA Final are held twice a year, in the month of May and November. Students or candidates can appear for the CA finals after completing the Two and Half Year articleship (Internship). As I have mentioned in the month of May and November CA Finals Exams are conducted in the two groups of the CA final level, which is divided and it consists of eight papers. The second group CA Final Paper 7 is Direct Tax Paper which is among the most lucrative papers that makes you gain marks easily.
It is easy to secure a rank in the CA Finals by just making a proper planning and by following certain procedures such as solving Mock Test Papers provided by your CA Final Coaching Institutes, or by solving sample papers that too available on the official website of ICAI, or you can also surf for model test paper. You have to master some important and easy subjects like Direct Tax Paper. If you want to study hard to achieve a rank, then, this article will provide you with various tips and tricks, syllabus, mock test series, sample paper, weightage, and another necessary exam relatable online and helpful staff. This article will also provide you the links of the revised CA Final Direct Tax paper 2022. From the second group, the DT Paper 2022 is the most important paper to secure a good rank. So, continue reading!
Understand CA Final Direct Tax Paper 2022
The CA final course’s paper 7 as per the new scheme course is the CA Final Direct Tax Paper 2022. This paper is mainly classified into two main segments:-
- The Income-tax Act, 1961 and Rules there under (90 marks)
- The Wealth-tax Act, 1957 and Rules there under (10 marks)
Why should you study CA Final Direct Tax Paper 2022
CA Final Direct Tax Paper’s syllabus will make a person understand the way to develop the model of Direct Tax and how to manage the entire taxation process. Thus the selection of Direct Taxes and International Taxes becomes a very important topic for CA. Just a few times revision would be sufficient. It covers basically all the amendments in the Financial Act 2017. Though students fear this subject, once you start revising the chapters continuously you will feel that it is the easiest subject to score good results.
CA Final Direct Tax Paper 2022
- Paper pattern: Subjective
- Total question asked:100
- Part I: Direct Tax Laws (70 Marks)
- Part II: International Taxation (30 Marks)
- Total exam duration:3 hours
- Maximum marks got:100 marks
- Total question asked:6 out of which five need to be answered
The CA Final Direct Tax Paper and the assessment of the Performance Evaluation Skills
While you attempt the Direct Tax Paper, then there are certain strict guidelines that need to be followed. ICAI has issued a list of verbs that is mandatory to attempt the answers as per the verb illustrations. Below is are a complete list of verbs with certain illustrations.
The list of verbs with illustrations are as follows:
- Recommend– For recommending we must know that first, we have to identify and explain the reasonable options then evaluate and conclude.
- Evaluate- It helps to balance both the aspects- positive and negative issues.
- It may or not mean computations.
- It emphasizes both qualitative and monetary terms.
- Advice – It builds up good comprehension, and can lead to one or more choices to be considered by the owners and managers.
- Produce – It helps in making or bringing something with very little or nothing.
- Prioritize- It helps to decide the most important things to deal with first. You have to clarify that’s what things should be kept first on the list.
- Interpret- It translates the former into an exact sense. It can be said that it is the second stage of ‘analysis’.
- Discuss- There should be an argument between two or more different viewpoints so, that it comes up with the outcome of the conflicts. For instance, this vs that concludes with the outcome, etc.
- Construct- To prepare with the explicit reason and use compare and contrast or similarities or dissimilarities between two or more things.
- Categorize- Putting things into groups with the same features with the explanation that why you put it in that and not in it to others.
- Analyze- Collecting the information or data to discover relationships, causes, patterns, and connections, and having a series of detailed explanations.
- Tabulate- Arranging the facts and numbers in a tabular form.
- Solve- Calculation with the technique or process with an explanation.
- Reconcile- To find the results of two opposed problems and submitting the reconciling statement.
- Prepare- It considers the relevant data, calculations, or rearranging it and providing it in a specific format.
- Demonstrate- To show something with full proof corrections without any doubt.
- Calculate- To reckon mathematically.
- Apply facts, rules, concepts, and ideas.
- Not just for theory, it for practical.
- Illustrate- Means for example.
- Identify- To recognize, to establish, or to select after consideration.
- Explain- To describe or give information to the end of understanding. For example, write a sentence then explain to clarify, and if not understood then write in the manner so that it can be understood and make it clear.
- Distinguish- Recognizing the difference between two things and featuring the, unlike things.
- Describe- to explain, to define, to give meaning to resolve the issues by giving short paragraphs.
- Define- To deliver the definition in your own words. Simply a test of the memory.
- State- Conveying the things in brief, no need of explanation until it is not cleared.
- List- Like To do list, write the points in full sentences with clarity in the short form to be understandable, not require to go further.
- ICAI will judge each question through comprehensive knowledge, analytical skills, and reporting efficiency.
- Each question has 3 or 4 sections to be solved.
Not following the exam answer pattern leads to low marks and failure in exams. Go through the tips for CA’s final failed students to prevent students from failure.
ICAI CA Final Direct Tax Paper 2022 Weightage: Chapter Wise for New Course
As per their difficulty level practical importance, ICAI has given weightage to some particular chapters in the CA Final Direct Tax Paper 2022. It will help students to plan and prepare for their exams by keeping in mind the weightage of chapters in that particular exam. Below given is the complete information of the chapters of the CA Direct Tax Paper 2022.
|Chapter 1-2||Chapter 1: Basis of charge, residential status, income which do not form part of total income, heads of income, the income of other persons included in assessee’s total income, aggregation of income, set-off and carry forward of losses, deductions from gross total income, rebates, and reliefs|
Chapter 2: Special provisions relating to companies and certain persons other than a company
|Chapter 3||Chapter 3: Provisions relating to charitable and religious trust and institutions, political parties and electoral trusts||5%-10%|
|Chapter 4||Chapter 4: Tax Planning, Tax Avoidance & Tax Evasion||5%-10%|
|Chapter 5||Chapter 5:Collection & Recovery of Tax, Refunds||15%-20%|
|Chapter 6-7||Chapter 6: Income-tax Authorities, Procedure for assessment, Appeals and Revision|
Chapter 7: Settlement of Tax Cases, Penalties, Offences & Prosecution
|Chapter 8-9||Chapter 8: Liability in Special Cases|
Chapter 9: Miscellaneous Provisions and Other Provisions
|Chapter 8-9||Chapter 8: Liability in Special Cases|
Chapter 9: Miscellaneous Provisions and Other Provisions
|Chapter 1-2||Chapter 1 Taxation of international transactions and Non-resident taxation|
(i) Provisions of the Income-tax Act, 1961, including –
(a) Specific provisions relating to Non-residents
(b) Double Taxation Relief
(c) Transfer Pricing & Other Anti-Avoidance Measures
(d) Advance Rulings
(ii) Equalization levy
|Chapter 2-4||Chapter 2: Overview of Model Tax Conventions – OECD & UN|
Chapter 3:Application and interpretation of Tax Treaties
Chapter 4: Fundamentals of Base Erosion and Profit Shifting
Download the complete weightage of the CA Final Direct Tax or DT Paper 2022
CA Final Direct Tax Paper 2022 Syllabus for New Revised Course
Every year ICAI revises the syllabus of the CA final under the new scheme. It is very easy to download the entire CA Final Syllabus from here.
If you want to download the updated CA Final Direct Tax Syllabus for Nov 2022 Exam, then click here for the newly revised course from here.
CA Final Direct Tax Paper 2022 Study Material 2022 for New Revised Course
This is very helpful for the CA Final students in that they can download the entire syllabus of the CA finals DT paper 2022 for free from ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India). The study material provided by the ICAI includes all the main chapters and the basic units of the chapters. We are providing you the CA Final Paper 7 study material which can be downloaded by just clicking here.
Candidates can refer to the study material provided by ICAI along with some other course books and notes that are available online. VSI Jaipur is the best CA Final Coaching Institute that provides the best CA final online classes and CA final Pendrive classes. VSI Jaipur being the best institute provides the most simple CA Final Direct Tax Paper 2022 notes and the best reliable techniques with a deep understanding of every topic.
CA Final Direct Tax (DT) Question Papers with Suggested Answers 2022
If a candidate appears for the CA Final Direct Tax Exam and practices on all the final year question paper and answers it in a way that is expected by the ICAI then, one can surely secure a good rank. This is the only way to learn and practice for the CA Final DT Paper 2022 for presenting skills for exams.
Download the ICAI CA Final Papers of all the subjects in pdf format.
CA Final Direct Tax Mock test Papers 2022
Under ICAI’s every year CA syllabus is being revised. From the given link below, candidates can download their CA Final Direct Tax or DT Paper 2022 for online studies. Along with the Performance Evaluation Mock Test Paper if you want to know your level of preparation.
CA Final DT Revision Test Papers 2022
Under ICAI’s new scheme almost 65% syllabus of the entire CA final course has been revised. The RTP for final Financial reporting paper of the CA final can be downloaded by candidates of both English and Hindi medium for the years 2018, 2019, May 2020, and November.
- May 2022 – Hindi Medium
- May 2022
- November, 2021 – Hindi Medium
- November 2021
- May 2021 – Hindi Medium
- May 2021
- November 2020 – Hindi Medium
- November 2020
- May 2020 – Hindi Medium
- May 2020
- November 2019
CA Final Direct Tax or DT Paper 2022: Reference of Quick Revision: (New Scheme)
The reference for the quick revision as per the new revised syllabus of the direct tax paper 2022 is given by ICAI. Understanding skills, Evaluation, and application are the things through which the case studies can be solved by the students. The answer pattern prescribed by the ICAI should be considered by the Candidates. Accordingly, the Candidate’s answers will be scored. And whosoever will give the appropriate answers as per the desired format will be rewarded with some extra marks. Some ICAI prescribed references for quick revision are provided below:-
Read this to know the change in Reference to the quick revision Group-I.
Sample Questions for 30:70 Assessment – CA Final Direct Tax or DT Paper 2022
To get the best score in subjects like Direct Tax, one should do a timely revision and practice for the sample Questions for better learning. ICAI provides the best revision capsules that are given below to help you to revise the entire syllabus quickly in some minutes. It will not only save a lot of time to surf the lengthy course but will also help you get a glance at the major topics and formulae covered in your Exam Paper. In the simple pointers one can refresh the memory in the same glimpse. You will find your whole course will be designed in a very simple Questioning way that can help you to provide the best idea of your CA Final Sample Questions.
Click on this to get the sample questions for 30:70 Assessment– CA Final Direct Tax or DT Paper 2022.
CA Final Direct Tax Paper 2022 Pendrive and Online Classes
Study Material provided by the ICAI covered almost all the chapters that are a part of your CA Final Direct Course. To understand each and every topic wisely many students prefer the ICAI study material for studies. Candidates also prefer various course books along with the notes that are provided online and offline both. VSI Jaipur provides the best CA Final Direct Tax Pendrive classes in such an effective way that it covers almost the whole study material. These classes are provided to the candidates in English and Hindi students.
How to study For CA Final Direct Tax Paper 2022?
There are many Frequently Asked Questions that will help candidates to get the idea of what to study and how to study for CA Final Direct Tax Paper.
Should I do self-study for CA final Direct Tax Paper or should I enrol for CA Coaching Classes?
If you can attentively study from the given syllabus that is provided by ICAI, then success is not so far. To get the best results, experienced teachers who can provide you with comprehensive knowledge is the main thing to consider before choosing any CA Coaching Institute for studying in the best way. Students should also improve their application and analytical skills before appearing for the exams. Self-study is the best key to cracking the CA Final Exams.
If you still think that you want more than self-study, then you can enrol yourself for the VSI Jaipur, the best CA Final Coaching Center in India.
- VSI has the highest and maximum number of rankers
- VSI has the highest number of toppers.
- VSI gives the outstanding Ca final results
If you are still confused about where to join for the CA Finals preparation, then VSI Jaipur is the best CA Coaching Institute in Jaipur providing experienced and qualified faculties. They also held a regular Mock Test Series for the students to prepare for the CA Final Direct Tax Exam 2022. Get the best material here that can help you at the time of self-study. VSI also takes CA Final Online classes to save your time in travelling to the coaching centres. We at VSI wish you to have a bright future and golden success in exams. So, stay positive, stay healthy, stay safe.
Q1. Which is the Best Coaching Institute for the CA Final Examination?
VSI Jaipur is the best coaching centre in Jaipur for the CA Final Examination for umpteen reasons. VSI is giving the best results in the CA examination for the last 7 years. It also offers CA Final Online Classes from the well-known and experienced faculty for CA Final Course. VSI also provides CA Online Classes and CA Final Pendrive Classes for the comforts of the students.
Q2. How important is the rank in the CA Examination?
Rank plays a major role in CA Examination, as it prompts candidates to do more effort and gives the drive to fight competition. If candidates are able to secure a good rank, then chances of getting hired in the top companies increases, even doors of ICAI campus placement get open.
Q3. Can you tell me how to study for the Final exams during the articleship?
It is always advisable to start studying as soon as you register yourself for the Final Course, all you need to do is, prepare a timetable or schedule depending upon your capabilities and the way to adhere to it. Every individual being has 24 hours at their disposal, it entirely depends on how one can manage their time to study for Finals.