List of 5 Best Professional Courses after 12th Commerce in India (2022)
Class 12th exams are over, now what’s next? This question is like a nightmare for lakhs of students. There are so many professional courses after the 12th class in the commerce stream. But, which is the best course for me. This question remains unanswered.
There are two main reasons why you are not able to choose the best professional course after the 12th for yourself. And these are – Lack of knowledge and Too many options available.
Now, if you want to choose the best course after the 12th commerce, you have to make some criteria for yourself. The criteria should include points like your interests, strengths, weaknesses, scope of that course in future and the return that is money.
So, we have created a list of top 5 professional courses after 12th commerce after extensive research that are job-oriented as well.
What are the best professional courses after 12th commerce?
- Chartered Accountancy
- Company Secretary
- Digital Marketing
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelors of Commerce
Now, let us get into the details of each professional course after the 12th commerce in detail.
Professional Courses After 12th Commerce for a Promising Career
1. Chartered Accountancy
As a commerce student, you must have already heard about the Chartered Accountancy course. Chartered Accountants enjoy the most respected position in society and the most reputed course in the commerce stream.
ICAI is authorized to give the Chartered Accountants degree throughout India.
Pros of pursuing CA Course After 12th Commerce
#1 Low Fee Structure – The CA course fee is much lower compared to other professional courses.
#2 High Earnings – The average earnings after passing out Chartered Accountancy is 7-12 Lakhs p.a. Whereas the students listed their name in the top 50 can get up to 25 Lakhs p.a. The above-given data is for the job. There is no such limit in practice. The scope for a practising Chartered Accountant is unlimited depending on his capabilities.
#3 Respected Position – Chartered Accountants enjoy a very respectable position in society as they are the only person authorized to Audit the Financial Statement of a concern. AGM could not approve financial statements until a CA has signed them.
#4 Increased Scope – With the implementation of new laws in the country such as GST, the scope of Chartered Accountants has been increased. Moreover, with the fast-growing finance sector and businesses, the demand for CA will remain high in the future as well.
#5 No Reservation – This is one of the best things about the CA course. CA has no reservation. Students become Chartered Accountants based on their capability and not their caste or reservation of any type.
#6 Highly Knowledgeable – Chartered Accountants are among the most knowledgeable persons. They have expert knowledge of Accounts, Law, Audit, Taxation, and Finance.
Ratan Tata said “I need MBA for running my business. But CA to teach them how to run the business”.
#7 Considered Graduate or Postgraduate – The students who have cleared CA Intermediate will be considered graduates and those who cleared CA Final Exam will be recognized as postgraduates. Hence, students pursuing CA need not pursue B.com along with CA course.
Cons of Pursuing CA –
- Challenging Course – CA has been regarded as the toughest course in India. The course structure is designed in such a manner that students who are really passionate about this course can only become Chartered Accountants.
- Long Duration – Duration in the CA Course is a minimum of 5 years if all the levels are completed in the first attempt, which is higher than three years of B.com. Although, the number of attempts increases every six months.
- Time Management – 3 years of articleship training is a part of the CA Course, which every CA Student must complete. Sometimes, students face difficulty in managing their studies with the office. However, most experienced faculties consider this an opportunity as this makes you capable of handling tough issues.
2. Company Secretary
Company Secretary is also a well-respected position in our country. And it is considered one of the best professional courses after 12th commerce in India. CS plays a major role in the company, responsible for its efficient administration.
In the past few years, the scope of CS has been decreasing because a well-experienced CA can also handle the CS work.. But still, the need for experienced Company Secretaries will be there in any company.
Pros of Doing CS –
- Expertise in Legal Aspects – A company secretary has a deep knowledge of Company Law. Hence he can handle the legal aspects of a company better than anyone else.
- Low Fee Structure – The fee structure of CS Course after 12th commerce is lower than other professional courses, lower even compared to Chartered Accountancy.
- No Reservation – Similar to CA, there is no reservation in Company Secretary Course. Students qualified this based on their capabilities and not on the basis of their caste.
Cons of Doing CS –
- Decreasing Scope – The scope of CS is getting reduced over time because an experienced Chartered Accountant can handle the legal matters of the company as well.
- Long Duration – The duration of the CS course is also higher compared to B.com or BCA. It takes around 3 years if the candidate clears all the levels in the first attempt. Although, the number of attempts increases every six months.
- Lower Package – After huge efforts and detailed study in the CS course, you’ll get an annual package of 6-7 lakhs per annum.
3. Digital Marketing – Best Job-oriented Course After 12th Commerce
With the boom in the digital era, digital marketing can be the best professional course after 12th commerce. This course will also land you in a job without doing any graduation.
The digital marketing course duration is around six months, where you’ll learn about SEO, social media marketing, email marketing, google ads and many more.
Talking about the scope of digital marketing in future, then relax it is not going anywhere. It will even grow higher and higher.
The digital marketing salary in India ranges between 5 to 8 lakhs per annum. But if you start your own agency or company, then it only depends on you how many lakhs you can earn.
Pros of Doing the Digital Marketing Course:
- High Demand – It is very easy for anyone to learn digital marketing. Therefore, the competition has increased so much in this field. You have to prove yourself and need to stay higher than your competitors.
- Future Scope – When it comes to the list of the best courses after 12th commerce in terms of scope. Digital Marketing and CA will always be there.
- Higher Income – There is a lot of money in the digital marketing arena. You can do a job, make your eCommerce website, or do freelancing for international clients. Money will never be the problem.
Cons of Doing Digital Marketing Course:
- High Competition – As it is very easy for anyone to learn digital marketing, the competition has increased so much in this field. You have to prove yourself and need to stay higher than your competitors.
- Time Dedication – To succeed in digital marketing, you have to dedicate more and more time. Sometimes, you have to work till late at night or early in the morning to complete the work or get the results.
- Needs to Stay Updated – If you’re a digital marketer, you must stay up to date every time about the new trends in the marketing, new technologies or some updates by Google or other social media platforms.
4. Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Once a time, this was the most sought-after course after 12th for commerce and science students. BBA has worth only if you do higher studies after it i.e. MBA. But the course can be performed after graduation only as it is a Master’s Degree.
MBA is responsible for handling the management of the company. An MBA often handles the CEO position, but these are the persons who have completed their MBA from some prestigious institutes.
Pros of Doing BBA and MBA –
- Higher Incentives – MBA enjoys higher incentives than any other course after the 12th. Based on one survey, the MBA’s who graduated from the IIMs get a pay hike of 140%. The starting packages for MBA are 6-12 lakhs.
- Increases Self Confidence – MBA is a course that allows you to handle an organisation’s management. It might be a challenging task in starting, but slowly you will be confident enough to handle the management of reputed companies and every situation.
- Reputed Position – MBA enjoys a well-reputed position in the company. Most of the top company CEOs are MBAs.
Cons of Doing MBA –
- Higher Fee Structure – The fee structure in MBA is the highest compared to other professional courses. The middle-class family could not afford an MBA course for their child from a prestigious institute such as IIMs. Although, such colleges offer scholarships to students based on their marks in the CAT exams.
- Higher Course Duration – Students can study MBA only after graduation, which takes two years after clearance of the entrance exam. That means the person aiming to pursue an MBA after the 12th will take five years to complete.
- Lower Packages – MBA is worthwhile only if it is done with some prestigious colleges. Otherwise, there are thousands of MBAs sitting jobless.
- Accommodation and Other Living Expenses – Most reputed MBA colleges are in developed cities. Hence, students in small cities dreaming of being an MBA have to shift to such developed cities, and the cost of living in such places is far higher than in their small towns.
5. Bachelors of Commerce
Graduation from the commerce stream takes you 3 years but still does not gives you a job surety. This degree along with first division makes you eligible for most Bank Exams. However, if you do not appear in any competitive exam after B.com then you can work as an accountant or office assistant somewhere where your monthly salary will lie between 15-20K that too after a decent industry experience.
The reason why most students pursue B. Com is it is easy to study and opens many options for the future. If you want to prepare for the Banking or Government exams, then you can pursue this course by the side. So, after 3 years of preparing for the competitive exams, you’ll already have a degree in hand. And, graduation is a criteria for many competitive exams.
Pros of doing B.com –
- Gives you an understanding of Various subjects – Pursuing a B.com course after 12th commerce gives you an understanding of various subjects like Accounts, Economics, Finance, Cost Accounting etc.
- Makes you Eligible for Various Govt. Exams – Graduation makes you eligible to appear in various bank exams like RBI, IAS etc.
- Eligible to Pursue CA / CS without giving Entrance Exam – A graduate can directly apply for CA or CS without clearing their entrance levels.
Effortless – This degree does not require any extra effort. Most of the students open the books just a month before the exam and get qualified with the first division.
Cons of B.com –
- Does Not Give a Job Surety – In today’s scenario, B.com is like passing your school. It does not guarantee you a job unless you are doing professional courses with B. Com. After graduation, if you know accounting software, you will be eligible to work as an accountant.
- Lowest Salary – Simply graduating cannot give you a package like CA, CS, or MBA. The initial earnings will be 10-12,000 p.m.; the rest depends on your capability.
- Tradition – B.com has become a tradition. It is a side-by-side course whether or not someone is pursuing a professional course or not.
Now, you can check our article on career guidance after 12th to make an informed and better decision about your career.
How to Choose the Best Professional Course after 12th Commerce?
- Firstly, you have to know yourself. You must know about your interests, personality traits, strengths, weaknesses, and dreams.
- Secondly, make the list of top professional courses after 12th commerce for yourself. The criteria can be your personality, scope, and the income you can generate after doing that course. Yes, our list is based on our research and observation of which course students are going for. This might not be relevant for you.
- Thirdly, explore in detail all the courses you have listed and reduce your list.
- Now, take the career guidance from experts, elders and your teachers.
- Ideally, you’ll now be left with very few or one option. If you’re confused between 2-3 options, we suggest you take a practical experience of each course and then decide.
That’s all from our side on the list of top professional courses after 12th commerce. We hope that our list will help you in some way or the other in choosing the right course after the 12th for yourself. All the best for your future!!