The CBSE has released the class 12 English Syllabus for the 2023-24 session on its official website – cbse.ac.in. Students preparing for the 2023-24 exams can refer to the latest syllabus and start their preparation.
Class 12th English syllabus is divided into two parts that are Core and Elective. The curriculum will tell you the topics that you are going to study. Moreover, the English syllabus also includes the exam pattern and the marks distribution of English Core and Elective.
This article will give you the detailed NCERT class 12th English syllabus for the 2023-24 session and the link to download its pdf. In addition, you’ll also get the 12th grammar syllabus, comprehension passages topics, literature syllabus, and the books prescribed by CBSE.
Students can also check the complete CBSE class 12 syllabus by clicking on this link.
Must Check: Class 12th Commerce Coaching
CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2023-24
Section – A
Reading Comprehension through Unseen Passage (20 Marks)
I. One unseen passage to assess comprehension, interpretation, and inference. Vocabulary and inference of meaning will also be assessed. The passage may be factual, descriptive, or literary. (10 Marks)
II. One unseen case-based passage with verbal/visual inputs like statistical data, charts, etc. (10 Marks)
Section – B
III. Creative Writing Skills (16 Marks)
- Notice up to 50 words. One out of the two given questions is to be answered. (5 Marks: Format: 1 / Organisation of Ideas: 1/Content: 2 / Accuracy of Spelling and Grammar: 1 ).
- Formal/Informal Invitation and Reply up to 50 words. One out of the two given questions is to be answered. (5 Marks: Format: 1 / Organisation of Ideas: 1/Content: 2 / Accuracy of Spelling and Grammar :1 ).
- Letters based on verbal/visual input, are to be answered in approximately 120-150 words. Letter types include an application for a job with bio-data or a resume. Letters to the editor (giving suggestions or opinions on issues of public interest). One out of the two given questions is to be answered. (5 Marks: Format: 1 / Organisation of Ideas: 1/Content: 2 / Accuracy of Spelling
- and Grammar :1 ).
- Article/ Report Writing, descriptive and analytical in nature, based on verbal inputs, to be answered in 120-150 words. One out of the two given questions to be. (5 Marks: Format: 1 / Organisation of Ideas: 1/Content: 2 / Accuracy of Spelling and Grammar: 1).
Section – C
IV. Reference to the Context (16 Marks)
VII. Two Short answer type questions ((5×2=10 Marks)
VIII. Two Short answer type question (2×2=4 Marks)
IX. One Long answer type question, from Prose/Poetry Flamingo (1×5=5 Marks)
X. One Long answer type question, based on the chapters from the book Vistas (1×5=5 Marks)
Download Class 12 English Syllabus 2023-24 PDF
|12th English Syllabus||Download PDF|
CBSE Class 12th Prescribed Books for 2023-24
- The Last Lesson
- Lost Spring
- Deep Water
- The Rattrap
- Poets and Pancakes
- The Interview
- Going Places
- My Mother at Sixty-Six
- Keeping Quiet
- A Thing of Beauty
- A Roadside Stand
- Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers
- The Third Level
- The Tiger King
- Journey to the end of the Earth
- The Enemy
- On the Face of It
- Memories of Childhood
Class 12th Question Paper Design
Check the pattern and design of the class 12th English question paper from the image below.
Check all the details about the class 12 practical exams for the 2023 exams.
With this descriptive class 12 English syllabus, you can score excellent marks in CBSE Class 12th result from any school. Start your preparations with a proper study plan. You can download the pdf of English syllabus from this page.
About VSI Jaipur
VSI Jaipur provides the best 12th commerce classes for Accounts, Maths, BST and Economics subjects. By taking tuition from VSI, you can build solid concepts and get high grades in your 12th board exams. Further, if you aspire to become a CA, you can join our coaching classes and clear the CA exams on the first attempt. VSI Jaipur is the best CA Coaching in India and our students have scored the ever-highest marks in CA IPCC, Intermediate and Final exams. Moreover, our 7 students got AIR 1 in the last 10 years.
Further, we also provide the best CMA and ACCA coaching classes for all levels. So, join VSI Jaipur’s online or offline classes to get the best class 12th result and build a strong foundation for CA/CMA/ACCA.
FAQs about the 12th English Syllabus
Ques 1. How to complete the Class 12 English Syllabus?
Ans. To complete the class 12 English syllabus, you need to create a study plan. Categorize the syllabus according to the marks and difficulty level. Then, study the English subject 2-3 times a week. This is enough to complete the syllabus on time.
Ques 2. What are the total chapters in Class 12th English?
Ans. The 12th English syllabus comprises 14 chapters, out of which 8 are from prose and the rest are poems.
Ques 3. Is 12th English paper hard?
Ans. No, the 12th English papers are easy and scoring, provided students have given sufficient time to this subject.