An Ultimate Guide to Top Rank in CA IPCC Exam
Can topping the CA IPCC examination be a ‘Dream’? The answer to this will be a big YES by most of the students who have cleared their CA CPT and are preparing for the CA IPCC examination.
But those who believe in the dictum “Dream Comes True” may be interested to know what Robert H Schuller has written in his famous book; “Success is Never Ending- Failure is never final”. Students can also read the 7 Tested Habits to Be the Topper of CA IPCC Examination.
On the first page of his book, he has written “Success or Failure; the Choice is yours”. He has further added, “Success or Failure is about setting goals and striving to reach them.”
There are numerous examples of people who have dreamt for something improbable and with sheer hard work and strong will power, they have made their dreams come true. Then, why can’t you?
It is a well-known fact that cracking the CA IPCC examination is a challenging job. But the very moment you deposited the required fees of Rs 6000, you have consciously and deliberately accepted this big challenge and are prepared to face any difficulty or oddity that comes in your way.
But ‘top-ranking’ the CA IPCC examination, you need certain golden rules. Besides being a dreamer, you have to be simultaneous, a believer, doer, planner, producer, achiever, and ultimately, the “got-it-made.” Here are certain guidelines for you.
Success in Dealing with Problems
In his book, ‘Why some Positive Thinkers Get Powerful Results’, Norman Vincent Peale has written that a positive thinker is an achiever and is not afraid of nor abashed by that phenomenon known as ‘problem’.
He knows that every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. So, if you want to top rank the CA IPCC examination, make a cocktail of five ingredients, namely positive thinking, goal setting, visualizing, persevering, and believing yourself and have a dose of it every moment and every day till your CA IPCC examination is over.
The successes mantras are ‘believe, believe, and believe’, pray big prayers, have big faith, and get some big ideas for achieving your goal.
Plan Your Studies
You should plan for 12 to 14 hours of study every day. Find out the number of days left for your CA IPCC examination and deduct 10 days for ‘soft studying’ prior to your exam. Multiply 12 to the number of days thus available and find out the total number of hours and allocate these hours to all the 7 papers equally.
Make a date wise and month wise study plan, mentioning the names of the subjects. You can take up one theory and one practical subject every day. At the end of a day’s study, note down what you have studied against your planning. Take remedial measures in case of any deviation. Students can also read the How to Pass CA IPCC Group 2 Examination in First Attempt?
For every subject, you should be equipped with…
1. Study materials provided by ICAI;
2. One or two reference books, Study Material provided by Institute
3. Success Manual and RTP
You should make a clear concept of the theory part of each subject and apply the same while solving problems. You must understand each and every sentence of the subject. For theory paper-like Law, you must go through reference books and updated information. You should go through various case studies. Make a note of yourself for future revision and visit the Knowledge portal of ICAI
Categorization of Problems
Solve out each and every problem given in your study materials and reference books, after going through the theory aspect. Avoid referring to theory while solving problems. That will help you in brain-storming. Categorize these problems as A for difficult ones, B for manageable ones, and C for very easy ones.
This helps you while revising; giving more time for the A and B categories. In your second revision, you can solve 50% of the B and all problems of B category. In the third revision, focus fully on the A category. Lastly, you can work out problems from your Practice Manual.
Calm & Poise Prior to D-Days
Keep yourself free from the examination phobia throughout the period of your preparation for the CA IPCC examination.
Most importantly, 10 to 15 days prior to your examination, you should maintain total calm and poise so that your mind is not distracted by apprehension and irrational thoughts. To maintain poise during the examination, attempt the theory questions first and then the problems.
Library & Mock Test
You can schedule your visit to a god library at least once a week along with a prepared note of subjects and books you intend to refer to. Also, attend at least 2 to 3 mock tests.
Students can also download the CA IPCC mock test papers from VSI.
Join a CA Coaching Institute
Last but not the least; you should join a reputed CA coaching institute after making your own assessment about it. Students can also read the How Can a CA Coaching Institute Help You Rank Better in CA Exams?
Topping a CA IPCC examination is no doubt a tough and challenging task, but the above guidelines and your own determination, self-confidence, and perseverance will definitely enable you to reach the pinnacle of this prestigious status of being a CA IPCC topper.
Topper’s Strategies to Rank in CA IPCC Exam
Given below are 16 strategies that will help CA candidates to rank in the CA IPCC exam. The strategies are as follows:
- To rank in the CA IPCC exam candidates should avoid group studies with friends. Students have to complete the entire syllabus, and for this, they should be very focused.
- CA IPCC candidates should try to complete the entire syllabus before time so that they get time to do revision for at least three times before the CA IPCC exam.
- CA candidates should divide their topics into small parts and try to complete that particular topic on the same day.
- To clear the CA IPCC exam in one attempt, candidates should have a positive attitude. They should be self-motivated to study all the time.
- To rank in the CA IPCC exam candidates should plan to study for at least 10 to 15 hours per day.
- Try to revise theory subjects on a daily basis, and prepare short notes for every topic. This will help them at the time of revision.
- CA IPCC candidates should make a study plan, and should strictly follow that plan.
- CA candidates must prepare their own short notes for every topic of the entire syllabus. This will help candidates to revise easily.
- Students should also practice on improving their quality of answers. For this, they should solve mock test papers which will help them a self-assessment.
- To rank in the CA IPCC exam students need to avoid social media, tv, internet, etc to stay focussed towards their goal.
- After continuous study for at least 3-4 hours, candidates should take a short break, this will increase their efficiency.
- Candidates should make their study plan in such a way that they maintain one theory subject with one practical subject.
- Students should be regular during their articleship training.
- To rank in the CA IPCC exam. It is very important to have a crystal clear concept for each and every topic.
- To excel in the CA IPCC exam, candidates should stay healthy. CA candidates are advised to take proper diet with proper sleep.
- To avoid stress, CA candidates should do yoga or meditation daily for at least 30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. For pursuing IPCC, which institute should I join?
Ans: For Pursuing IPCC, candidates must join Vidya Sagar Institute, the best IPCC institute in India.
Q2. Do ICAI IPCC revision test papers, and mock test papers help for revision?
Ans: Yes, ICAI IPCC revision test papers and mock test papers are very helpful for candidates at the time of revision.
Q3. From where can students download the CA IPCC revised syllabus?
Ans: VSI helps students to download the CA IPCC revised syllabus 2020.
Q4. Is the ICAI CA IPCC study material helpful?
Ans: Yes, ICAI CA IPCC study material is helpful. Students can download ICAI CA IPCC study material from VSI.