What to do After CA? Courses after Chartered Accountancy for High Salary
Want to know what to do after CA? Which courses can give you a higher CA salary? Then this article is for you.
Adding “CA” before the name is like a dream come true. CA course is one of the most reputed courses in India, which offers you a vast range of exciting career opportunities. Undoubtedly, you can gain a name, fame, and everything you wish in your life after becoming a Chartered Accountant.
But, you must upgrade your level to stay above the stiff competition and get higher job roles and salary packages. Therefore, we have made the list of the top 8 courses you can do after CA. Furthermore, you’ll also get all the relevant information about each course in this blog.
So, let’s have a deeper look at some of the best courses to do after completing the CA Final exams.
Top 8 Courses to do After CA In 2022
DISA (Diploma in Information System Audit)
DISA is a diploma course issued by ICAI for system security and audit. ICAI conduct DISA under the license obtained from ICASA, and only qualified Chartered Accountants can appear in this exam.
This course has now become compulsory for those who want to do Bank Audits or Information Systems audits. DISA is challenging but vital if you want to carry out your own practice and wish to have a Bank or Information Systems Audit. DISA is known as the best course after CA.
- Job Profiles – Quality Manager, Information Systems Auditor, Consultant, Project Manager, etc.
- Top Companies – Connecticut, Oregon, Pwc, Ernst & Young
- Salary – 25,000 to 30,000 per month.
CISA (Certified Information System Auditor)
CISA is a world-renowned Information System audit-based course issued by ISACA based in the US. And it is the best option for CA’s who are confused about what to do after CA.
The course will bring the best risk-based information system auditor in you. CISA has more value than DISA as it is internationally recognized, although the toughness is high according to the standard.
- Job Profiles – Internal auditor, IT audit manager, IT security officer, Public accounting auditor, etc.
- Top Companies – E&Y, Flextronics International, Capgemini, Deloitte, etc.
- Salary – Rs. 85000 to 90,000 per month.
CIA (Certified Internal Auditor)
CIA is a world-renowned course for the certification in Internal Audit issued by IIA (Institute of Internal Auditors). After becoming a Chartered Accountant, if one is looking to grow his career as an Internal Auditor, they should go with this course. Here, you’ll get a wide knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act).
- Job Profiles – Internal Auditor, Quality Assurance Manager, Senior Manager Auditor, etc.
- Top Companies – ABC Corp., Cisco Systems, Deloitte, JP Morgan, etc.
- Salary – 17,000 to 20,000 per month
CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst)
If someone has a deep interest in the Financial Sector, they can go with CFA, a professional certified course offered by the CFA Institute. CFA is a globally recognised course that provides a strong foundation for real-world investment and teaches how to manage portfolios effectively. It needs you to pursue four years of practical training experience.
- Job Profiles – Chartered Financial Analyst, Associate in Investment Banking, Portfolio Manager, Equity Analyst, etc.
- Top Companies – The Goldman Sachs Group, JP Morgan, Crisil, HSBC, Deloitte, Evalueserve etc.
- Salary – Rs. 9 to 11 lakhs per annum.
ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
You must have heard many times that pursuing ACCA after becoming CA can open the doors for many International career opportunities. ACCA is a globally recognized course that allows you to practice in 180 countries worldwide.
ACCA is a world-renowned body known for its excellence in Accounting and Finance. Here you will learn about UK GAAP, IFRS, and other International Laws.
The main advantage of doing ACCA after CA is that this course recognizes the CA qualification.
After clearing the CA Final, ACCA gives you nine exemptions out of 14 papers, meaning a qualified Chartered Accountant is required to appear in just five papers. It is one of the best post-qualification courses after CA.
- Job Profiles – Accountant, Finance Manager, Auditor, Financial Analyst, etc.
- Top Companies – E&Y, KPMG, State Street Corporation, etc.
- Salary – Rs. 6 Lakhs per annum.
Investment Banking is one of the best career options after CA. In this career, you can have a job profile of valuation analyst, investment banking analyst, M&A analyst, and many more. The salary for an investment banker starts from 10 to 11 lakhs per annum.
- Job Profiles – M&A Analyst, Portfolio Manager, Corporate Development, etc.
- Top Companies – HDFC Bank, JP Morgan, ICICI Bank, Mphasis, etc.
- Salary – Rs. 10 to 11 lakhs annually.
LLB (Bachelors of Law)
Another career option after becoming a Chartered Accountant is LLB. If candidates have an interest in the legal fields, then they must go for the degree of Bachelor of Law. To pursue LLB, candidates have to take entrance exams such as CLAT, AILET, and LSAT.
- Job Profiles – Constitutional law, Civil law, Corporate Law, etc.
- Top Companies – Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co., Trilegal India, DSK Legal, Sagar Associates, etc.
- Salary – Rs. 6 to 7 lakhs per annum.
FRM (Financial Risk Management)
To pursue a career in Financial risk management after CA, candidates need to clear both levels of FRM. The exams for FRM are conducted in the month of May and November. The salary of a financial risk manager is around 6-8 lakhs per annum.
- Job Profiles – Risk or Credit Manager.
- Top Companies – E&Y, ICBC, KPMG, Deutsche Bank, etc.
- Salary – Rs. 6-8 LPA
Must Check: Complete Guide to Pursue CMA Course
We have shared some of the best courses after CA that you can pursue for a higher salary and a better career. Chartered Accountant is itself a very respected and highly recognized degree. This course can give you a successful life as much as you wish to have if you are able to prove your skill and ability. Organizations hire a person and not a degree.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Which is the best course for me after completing CA?
Ans: Students can choose from many good options like financial analyst, investment banking, diploma in information system audit, etc.
Q2. After completing the CA Final exams, now what’s next?
Ans: After clearing the CA Final exams, you become a CA and a member of ICAI. Now, you can do a job or start your own practice. However, if you want to do a course after CA, then you can go for CISA, DISA, LLB, Investment banking, etc.
Q3. Which career has more opportunities in India, CA or ACCA?
Ans: Both are good career option, but CAs has greater opportunities in India. However, you can read this article on CA vs ACCA to know better.
Q4. What is the Salary of an Investment Banker?
Ans: The salary of an investment banker is around 9-10 lakhs per annum.