ICMAI CMA Foundation Course 2022 – Syllabus, Registration, Fees
CMA Foundation Course is the first stage of the Certified Management Accountancy that qualifies the student for the second stage of CMA. This is a national-level exam whose conducting body is ICMAI or The Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of India. The ICMAI conducts the CMA Foundation exams two times a year in the month of June and December. The mode of this examination is Online home-proctored.
Any students who have passed their 12th board exam from a recognized board can register for the CMA Foundation Course 2022. To complete the CMA Foundation registration, students have to pay the fees of Rs. 6000. After registration, students can start preparing for the foundation exams. The CMA Foundation syllabus is categorized into 4 subjects, which are:
- Fundamentals of Economics and Management
- Fundamentals of Laws and Ethics
- Fundamentals of Business Mathematics & Statistics
To clear for the CMA Foundation exams, one must need a minimum of 40% marks in each of the four subjects. In total, a student must have acquired an aggregate of 50% marks to qualify for the CMA Intermediate Course.
In this detailed guide of the CMA Foundation Course, you’ll get all the information regarding eligibility, registration, syllabus, exam application form, fees, exam pattern, dates, admit card, result, and more.
CMA Foundation Course 2022 – Important Dates
Each candidate appearing in the CMA Foundation 2022 exam should know. Therefore, we have mentioned the important CMA Foundation exam dates in the table mentioned below.
|Registration For CMA Foundation||Open|
|Last date to fill the application form||January 31, 2022|
|Availability of exam form||TBA|
|Release of admit card||TBA|
|CMA Foundation exam date||TBA|
Apart from this, the registration for the CMA Foundation course is always open. The students who want to appear for the June attempt must have to fill out their form by the 31st of January and the ones willing to appear in the December attempt must fill the form by 31st of July.
CMA Foundation Eligibility
Before filling up the CMA Foundation Registration Form for the CMA Foundation Course, students must check their eligibility as per the ICMAI. This is because after appearing in the exam if you fail any of the criteria, the ICMAI will not consider your examination. So, the major eligibility criteria as mentioned by the ICMAI are,
- The first requirement is that the candidate appearing for the CMA Foundation course must have passed class 10 or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- Candidates should have passed the senior secondary exam under the 10+2 scheme from the recognized board.
- Instead of point two, a candidate should have passed the National Diploma in commerce exams under AICTE or any other recognized body under the All India Council.
- The candidates who are waiting for their results of the class 12th or equivalent exam are also eligible for provisional registration for the CMA Foundation course.
CMA Foundation Registration 2022
All the students who want to appear in the CMA Foundation exam must have registered themselves. Candidates can do so from the official site of ICMAI. Now, follow the steps to fill out the CMA Foundation registration form.
- Open the official website of ICMAI and click on the CMA Foundation registration.
- Enter the required details asked and click on the save and continue.
- Upload the scanned copy of all the required documents and click on submit.
- Next, make the payment for your respective course through the online method.
- The CMA Foundation registration fee is INR 6000.
- Get the printout of the registration form for future use.
Documents required for CMA Foundation Registration:
- Passport-sized photo
- Signature of candidate
- Class 10th Marksheet
- Class 12th Marksheet
CMA Foundation Exam Form
The online application form of the ICMAI CMA Foundation is released by the conducting council on the official site. The candidates must keep on checking the last date for the admission and try to complete their form filling on time. The major steps that one must need to follow while filling out the forms for the CMA Foundation Course are,
Step 1. Open the official website of ICMAI, icmai.in and click on the “Students” tab from the menubar.
Step 2. Click on the “Admission” link mentioned in the menu bar and select the online admission option, on the left side of the page.
Step 4. Now, click on the “Apply for Foundation Course”. Currently, the CMA Foundation application is open so you will be directed to a new page.
Step 5. Now, enter all the information asked on the page, such as email ID, coaching type, registration type, qualification. Once you have entered the required data, you’ll get a one time password on your registered number.
Step 6. Now, you need to log in using the login credentials and proceed to fill out your CMA Foundation exam application form for June 2022. Enter the basic details as asked by the page. Verify the information and click on save and next.
Step 7. Afterwards, upload your required documents to the portal. The major documents are identity proof, class 10 mark sheet, class 12 mark sheet, age proof in the scanned mode.
Step 8. Once you are done with uploading the documents, you just have to pay out the required fee through online mode. Once you pay the fee successfully, you will receive a confirmation receipt. Have the receipt copy with you.
CMA Foundation Fees
The examination fee for the CMA Foundation Course is INR 1200 for the Indian students and the US $60 for the overseas centres.
Also, candidates need to make the payment of the examination fee through online modes such as Credit/Debit card or net banking.
ICMAI CMA Foundation 2022 Exam Pattern
Before starting your preparation for the CMA Foundation exams, the candidates must be aware of the exam pattern of the CMA Foundation course as released by the ICMAI. You can also go through the CMA Foundation exam pattern covered in the table. Here you can get an idea of what weightage is given to the which subject of the syllabus.
Paper 1 – Fundamentals of Economics and Management
|Section – A: Fundamentals of Economics||50 marks|
|1. Basic concepts of Economics (20 % weightage)|
|2. Forms of Market (20 % weightage)|
|3. Money and Banking (10 % weightage)|
|Section – B: Fundamentals of Management||50 marks|
|4. Management Process (50 % weightage)|
|Total||100 maximum marks|
Paper 2 – Fundamentals of Accounting
|Section – A: Fundamentals of Financial Accounting||80 marks|
|1. Accounting Fundamentals (35% weightage)|
|2. Accounting for Special Transactions (20 % weightage)|
|3. Preparation of Final Accounts (25 % weightage)|
|Section – B: Fundamentals of Cost Accounting||20 marks|
|4. Fundamentals of Cost Accounting (20 %weightage)|
|Total||100 maximum marks|
Paper 3 – Fundamentals of Laws and Ethics
|Section – A: Fundamentals of Commercial Laws||70 marks|
|1. Indian Contracts Act, 1872 (40% weightage)|
|2. Sale of Goods Act, 1930 (20 % weightage)|
|3. Negotiable Instruments Act,1881 (10 % weightage)|
|Section – B: Fundamentals of Ethics||30 marks|
|4. Ethics and Business (30 % weightage)|
|Total||100 maximum marks|
Paper 4 – Fundamentals of Business Mathematics and Statistics
|Section – A: Fundamentals of Business Mathematics||40 marks|
|1. Arithmetic (20 % weightage)|
|2. Algebra (20% weightage)|
|Section – B: Fundamentals of Business Statistics||60 marks|
|3. Statistical representation of Data (10 % weightage)|
|4. Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion (30 % weightage)|
|5. Correlation and Regression (10 % weightage)|
|6. Probability (10 % weightage)|
|Total||100 maximum marks|
CMA Foundation Syllabus and Subjects
The CMA Foundation course syllabus consists of 4 subjects. The list of the subjects and the topics included are mentioned below:
Paper 1: Fundamentals of Economics and Management
- Section -A: Fundamental of Economics
- Section -B: Fundamental of Management
– Basic Concepts of Economics – Micro & Macro – Forms of Market – Money and Banking – Management Process
Paper 2: Fundamental of Accounting
- Section – A: Fundamental of Financial Accounting
- Section – B: Fundamentals of Cost Accounting
– Accounting Basics – Accounting for Special Transactions – Preparation of Final Accounts – Fundamentals of Cost Accounting
Paper 3: Fundamentals of Laws and Ethics
- Section – A: Fundamental of Commercial Laws
- Section – B: Fundamental Of Ethics
Indian Contracts Act, 1872 Sale of Goods Act, 1930 Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
Paper 4: Fundamental of Business Mathematics and Statistics (FBMS)
- Section – A: Fundamental of Business Mathematics
- Section – B: Fundamental of Business Statistics
– Arithmetic – Algebra – Statistical Representation of Data – Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion – Correlation and Regression – Probability
CMA Foundation Exam Admit Card
To get the CMA Foundation admit card 2022, students are required to go to the ICMAI website. After visiting the portal the students need to simply click on the admit card and enter the exam they are appearing for and download the admit card from there. Along with it, there are some of the major points that one must consider while downloading admit card such as :
- You need to download the CMA Foundation admit card online.
- Candidates will require their registration number in order to download their admit cards.
- Keep the printout of the whole admit card with you.
- Check your basic details in the admit card are correct, such as timings, candidate name, the centre of the examination, registration number, etc.
CMA Foundation Study Material
To crack the CMA examination, one must do the hard work with proper focus and dedication. The candidates should also stick with the syllabus as per the ICMAI guidelines and should also focus on the study material provided by the institute. The CMA Foundation study material and the modules which are provided by ICMAI are very important. Along with it, students should also focus on the test series and the previous year questions that work as the best revision and practice guide. Students can download the study material and mock test papers for the CMA Foundation course from the ICMAI official website.
- 1st Paper – Fundamentals of Economics and Management
- 2nd Paper – Fundamentals of Accounting
- 3rd Paper – Fundamentals of Laws and Ethics
- 4th Paper – Fundamentals of Business Mathematics and Statistics
CMA Foundation Result
ICMAI Council releases the list of the candidates who successfully cleared the CMA Foundation examination. The candidates can follow up on the given points in order to check their CMA Foundation result after it has been announced by ICMAI.
- Students can download the report card from the official website.
- ICMAI will not mail any hard copy of the report card to any student.
- The marksheet which you will download from the ICMAI will be considered as the authentic document to register yourself in CMA Intermediate.
- The students who have cleared the CMA Foundation course will get a pass certificate/Rank certificate from ICMAI.
Now, the process in order to check the ICMAI results are as follows:
- Open the official website of ICMAI.
- Click on the examination section
- Open the “result” tab from the dropdown menu.
- Now select the exam for which you have appeared
- Enter your identification number and view your result
- Now you can check the result and can also save it for future use.
How to get an exemption in CMA Foundation?
In order to get exemption in the CMA Foundation exam, the candidates must meet the below-mentioned criteria,
- Should have a valid identification number.
- The candidate should not be debarred from registering for the CA Foundation Course from the ICMAI institute.
- The candidate must have filled out the examination form on time and have submitted the required fees as fixed by the ICMAI council.
VSI Jaipur provides the best CMA Foundation Coaching in India and will assure your success in exams.
What after CMA Foundation?
CMA Foundation course opens the gate of CMA Intermediate which is the second stage of the CMA examination. Once you have acquired the title of CMA clearing all the exams, your gates to top-level management jobs will open. After completing the CMA, one can apply for the following job positions:
- Cost Accountant
- Financial Controller
- Finance Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Corporate Controller
- Chief Investment Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
Once you are posted in any job post as a CMA, your starting package will be 7 lakhs per annum. On the basis of individual skills, the amount can scale up to 20 lakhs per annum.
Therefore, this was all about the CMA Foundation course that all the appearing candidates should be aware of. Apart from this, all the candidates must prepare themselves properly for the exam. Also, checking the updates regarding the dates and syllabus is very crucial. All these factors will work well in your CMA Foundation selection.
Ques 1. How to study for the CMA Foundation Course?
Ans 1. To clear the CMA Foundation exam in just 1st attempt, you need to – understand the syllabus properly i.e., each topic and chapter, follow the study timetable, and solve question papers regularly.
Ques 2. What are the eligibility criteria to appear in the CMA Foundation exam?
Ans 2. All the students who have passed the class 12th board exam from. any recognized boards can appear in the CMA Foundation paper.
Ques 3. How will I get the CMA Foundation syllabus and study materials?
Ans 3. After the registration, you need to order the ICMAI CMA Foundation module which will reach you via post. And, for the CMA Foundation syllabus, you can download it from the ICMAI official website.
Ques 4. What are the subjects in CMA Foundation?
Ans 4. There are four subjects in the CMA Foundation paper that includes, economics and management, Accounting, Laws and Ethics, and Fundamental of Business Mathematics & Statistic.
Ques 5. What are the minimum marks one must obtain to pass the CMA Foundation exam?
Ans 5. For passing the CMA Foundation exam, the students must score an aggregate of 50% i.e. 200 out of 400 with at least 40% marks in each subject.