How and What to Study in CA Inter Law Paper to Score Exemption in 2023
Law is considered as one of the most scoring subjects in CA Intermediate. So, be sure not to lose exemption in such a paper. It can help you a lot in covering the aggregate marks of other papers in the CA Intermediate results. Hence in this article, we are sharing with you some tips which help you in getting an exemption in Law.
ICAI is going to update the CA course along with changes in the exemptions. Check the CA new scheme and know the relevant updates for the CA Intermediate course.
How to Study to Score Exemption in CA Inter Law Paper 2023
- Divide the law syllabus into two Portions
Divided your course into two steps first one is important which you need to revise again and again after reading and another one is some unnecessary topics that are not relevant for your exams and this needs only one-time reading.
- Read it Loudly
Whenever you are doing any theory subject read it loudly so that you can hear your own voice which helps in retaining the topics for a longer time. And don’t just read it, instead, you should prepare your own notes. Draw some charts to recall the topics section-wise and revise it regularly.
- Practice as many questions as you can……..
Most students often commit this mistake. They just read the topics but ICAI is not going to ask you the direct questions. Before giving the answer you have to understand the intention of the examiner over the questions, understand what he wants and this understanding needs practice a lot. Therefore, practice with the CA Intermediate question papers of previous years along with the mock tests and revision test papers.
- Presentation Skills
The presentation is the most crucial part of CA Exams and a better presentation would help you in getting additional 15-20 marks. Present your answer in a better way like –
- Start every question from a fresh page and write the answers for all parts of the question at a single place.
- Make a margin on both the sides of a page and write the question number as well as points in that margin.
- Try to answer in points rather than cumbersome paras.
- Highlight the important points so that examiner can focus on such.
- Manage your Time
Course in the Intermediate law is very vast so you need to manage your time accordingly. Prepare your timetable genuinely on the basis of the number of days left. Whenever you get stuck on a single topic, then don’t waste your entire day on such. Switch over to the other topic, and mark it so that you can later discuss it with your teachers or some of your friends.
- Cover MTP and RTP
Cover at least 5 attempt Revisionary Test Papers and Mock Test Papers. Complete your revision at least 20 days before Exam and practice RTP and MTP in the meanwhile. However, change your answers according to the amendments.
- Go through the Amendments
ICAI has a tendency to give importance over the amendments. Subjects like Tax, Law, Audit contains huge amendments and it often covers 15-20 percent paper so you must give emphasis on such.
What to Study to Score Exemption in CA Intermediate Examination
Topics as per the weightage
The syllabus of Law is dividing itself into 2 parts –
- The Company Law (30 Marks)
- Other Laes(40 Marks)
Let’s start with the easiest section i.e.
Business Law –
- In the business law, Bonus and Gratuity Act are the easiest topics and you can easily cover them in few hours. It will show a good impression on the examiner if you write the sections with the proviso. It covers the weightage around 8- 12 marks in the paper.
- Most of the time ICAI asked a subpart of the compulsory question from the Indian Contract Act. However, it is lengthy but still a very interesting topic and you can also expect a case study for sure from such.
- Next comes to Negotiable Instrument Act, it is considered quite technical and tough but it has weightage around 8-12 marks so can’t skip it but still keep it aside for the later.
- Thereafter comes to EPF Act. Most probably one or two questions are usually asked from this topic each consists of 4 marks.
Companies Law, 2013 –
Companies Law, 2013 has been greatly amended and there is a high probability that your question paper will cover such amendments. So, prepare them very well and topics covered in such are –
- A short topic i.e. General Meeting covers around 8 marks in your paper.
- Share and Share Capital also covers similar marks usually.
- Companies Documents i.e. Memorandum of Association, Article of Association, Companies Prospectus also covers 8 marks.
- Debentures, Transfer and Transmission, Membership in a Company covers around 4 marks.
- Remaining chapters contains 8 – 12 Marks approx.
Ethics and Communication –
Most of the students consider this as the easiest part as it does not contains any section or case laws but the gripping over the provisions is must.
In such a situation you can remember the points on the basis of some mnemonics and in this way you can remember the whole syllabus.
You need not write the Explanation word by word from the book. Write it in your own language but focus on keywords which must be the same.
Remember students, you cannot write anything until and unless you won’t practice such. So, keep practicing questions from the Practice Manual.
Hope this article will help you in getting an exemption in Law. Also, share with your friends so that everyone gets the benefit.
All the Best!