CBSE Class 11th Question paper pattern and Marking Scheme
Marking Scheme For Class XI:
Schools affiliated under CBSE board CBSE have to follow the marking scheme guidelines for Class XI. As we know, Class XI exam papers are set by the school itself, on the basis of the CBSE marking scheme. Marking Scheme helps us to know how much percentage of weightage is given to a particular subject, chapter, or skill. With the help of the marking scheme, students are also able to find out the minimum marks required to clear the exams. At the same time, it also helps the student to strive for good marks to get a distinction in the subjects.
This blog will help you to understand the grading scales for scholastic areas and non-scholastic areas.
The scholastic areas in the syllabus will help the students to have a fundamental understanding of language, and conceptual understanding of subjects like physics, chemistry, accounts, economics, management, biology, history, and more. Mainly the subjects which are required in routine schooling.
The co-scholastic approach in the syllabus will emphasize overall physical and mental development like physical fitness and general awareness. The CBSE has also introduced the project wise assessment to check the student’s conceptual understanding of all the subjects of science, arts, and commerce.
VSI provides CBSE class XIth marking scheme for Accounts, Economics, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English, and all other subjects of arts, commerce, and science students. Students should also remember that the syllabus for class XI has been updated by The CBSE recently and has been reduced by 30% to cope up with current adversity. The reduction in the course will be applicable only for annual exams of 2020-2021. We have also provided the latest updated and reduced syllabus here for our readers.
VSI is the best CA institute in India. We help students to prepare for CA exams. CA is one of the most searched professional courses after 12th. We provide exclusive online CA coaching for students from class 11th and 12th who want to enroll for the CA course after clearing their senior secondary exams 2021. We provide CA foundation coaching, CA intermediate coaching, and CA final coaching Under one roof.
We also provide 11th and 12th std CBSE affiliated study materials, sample papers, previous year question papers with suggested answer sheets for all the subjects of commerce, science, and arts Subject like English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujrati, Tamil, Humanities, Economics, Mathematics, Business Studies, Physics, Accounts, Chemistry, History and more.
Assessment Scheme for Class 11th of CBSE Board.
Senior secondary comprises 2 classes; class XI and class XII. An 11th class student chooses his subjects which prevails till 12th std. The CBSE senior secondary exams comprise 5 compulsory subjects and 1 optional subject. Students prefer to choose the subject of their own choice among the extensive options of the courses. CBSE has also introduced the skillset subjects which will help the students to develop and polish the preliminary skills of their choice.
The assessment scheme is similar for both Class XII and XI in the CBSE board.
All the subjects’ question paper is divided into two main sections. Theoretical and practical assessments.
- For those Subjects’ question paper having 70 total marks, 30 marks are assessed through internal assessment or practical projects.
- For those Subjects’ question paper having 80 total marks, 20 marks are assessed through internal assessment or practical projects.
Grading Scale for Scholastic Areas (Class-XI)
For subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Accounts, Economics, Management, Biology, History, and more CBSE affiliated School will award grades as per the following grading scale):
MARK RANGE GRADE
- For marks 91-100 A1
- For marks 81-90 A2
- For marks 71-80 B1
- For marks 61-70. B2
- For marks 51-60 C1
- For marks 41-50 C2
- For marks 33-40. D
- For marks 32 and below E*
Question Paper Design 2020-21Marking scheme for Hindi and English
- Question Paper Design 2020-21 and Marking Scheme for Hindi core(code 302)
- Question Paper Design 2020-21 and marking scheme for Hindi elective(code 002)
- Question Paper Design 2020-21and Marking Scheme for English Core Class XI (code no 301)
- Question Paper Design 2020-21 and marking Scheme for English Elective Class XI(code no 100)
Question Paper Design 2020-21 and Marking Scheme for commerce Subjects
- Question Paper Design 2020-21and Marking scheme for Accounts code 055
- Question Paper Design 2020-21 and Marking scheme for Business studies code 054
- Question Paper Design 2020-21 and Marking scheme for Economics code 030
- Question Paper Design 2020-21 and Marking Scheme for Maths code 041
- Question Paper Design 2020-21 and Marking scheme for entrepreneurship code 066
Question Paper Design 2020-21 and Marking Scheme for Science Subjects
- Question Paper structure 2020-21 and Marking Scheme for Physics code 042
- Question Paper structure 2020-21 and Marking Scheme for Chemistry code 043
- Question Paper structure 2020-21 and Marking Scheme for Biology code 044
- Question Paper Design 2020-21 and Marking Scheme for Applied Mathematics code
Question Paper Design 2020-21 and Marking Scheme for Arts Subjects
- Question Paper Design 2020-21 and Marking Scheme for History code027
- Question Paper structure 2020-21 and Marking Scheme for Geography code 029
- Question Paper structure 2020-21 and Marking Scheme for Sociology code 039
- Question Paper structure 2020-21 and Marking Scheme for Psychology code 037
Good Schools use an absolute grading system For class XI and positional grading system for XII std.used for class XII.
Internal Assessment for CBSE Class XI
Every school motivates its students to develop conceptual understanding through the submission of projects. Every subject of arts, science, commerce subjects schedule internal assessments and provide grades according to them. These marks are added to the total score of exams.
Marking Scheme for Co-Scholastic Areas
In order to assess the students growth and their interest the CBSE affiliated school regularly assess the students’ performance on three different areas:
- Physical education
- Work experience
- General studies
These assessments are interpreted and absolute grading is marked on them. This is then reflected on students’ report cards .
CBSE existing marking scheme proposes an 8-point grading scale (A1 to E) for classes XI –XII. scaling of grades will be done. The respective faculty members assign tasks to students related to the subject throughout the year and keep regular check and update in their performance. On the basis of the observation they give grades to top performing students.
Grading for Co-Scholastic areas:
A1 Top1/8th of the passed candidates
A2 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates
B1 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates
B2 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates
C1 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates
C2 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates
D1 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates
D2 Next 1/8th of the passed candidates
- Question Paper Design 2020-21 and Marking Scheme for Computer Science code 083
- Question Paper Design 2020-21 and Marking Scheme for Fine Arts code 049
- Question Paper Design 2020-21 and Marking Scheme for Physical Education code 048
Knowing the marking scheme will help you in your class 11th std exams preparation and therefore you can expect a better result. You can also check the complete class 12th commerce subjects and syllabus from our website. VSI is a teaching institute for class XI, XII, CA, CS. You can enrol with us to get the focused and dedicated professional help in preparation of your exams.
WHY STUDY WITH Best CA coaching institute in India?
Best CA CS Coaching in Jaipur
VSI holds a dimension to ‘See A’ different way of studies’ and career with professional expertise in making your dream come true.
VSI is the only institute in India which has produced –
- 6 times All India 1st Ranks in last 8 years.
- 3 times Ever Highest Marks in ICAI History
- 2 times All India 1st Rank in a single attempt – May 2019 with Every Highest Marks
- AIR 1 & AIR 2 in a single attempt
- Experienced Faculty
- Online Coaching
- Personalized Support
- Students Friendly Notes