As soon as you step foot into higher education, the importance of holistic learning becomes all too apparent. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) acknowledges projects’ vital role in helping foster deep understanding and increasing critical thinking abilities across subjects. Economics, in particular, must receive special consideration as it plays an essential part in shaping the student’s understanding of global economic dynamics. Students appearing for the Class 12th Economics exam must submit a Class 12 Economics Project work that is a part of the evaluation.
The project is worth 20 marks and must be made per the CBSE’s guidelines. In this post, we will discuss the Economics class 12 project work.
CBSE Class 12th Economics Projects Guidelines 2023-24
The Class 12 Economics project is a pivotal component that enhances your understanding of economic principles and real-world applications. On its official website, CBSE releases the economics class 12 project guidelines. When preparing the project, students must keep these things in mind:
- Students will complete one project per academic session.
- The project must consist of 3,500-4,000 words (excluding diagrams & graphs), handwritten preferably.
- This project should represent an independent piece of study.
Also, the checklist of the Class 12 Economics Project is as follows:
- Introduction of topic/title
- Identifying the causes, consequences and/or remedies
- Various stakeholders and the effect on each of them
- Advantages and disadvantages of situations or issues identified
- Short-term and long-term implications of economic strategies suggested in the course of
- Validity, reliability, appropriateness and relevance of data used for research work and
- for presentation in the project file
- Presentation and writing that is succinct and coherent in the project file
- Citation of the materials referred to in the file in footnotes, resources section, bibliography, etc.
Marking scheme of CBSE class 12th Economics Project Work 2023-24
Your Class 12 Economics Project evaluation holds immense significance in your overall assessment. The CBSE marking scheme emphasizes several key aspects. Below is a detailed table showing the mark distribution for the Class 12 Economics Project file:
|S. No||Heading||Marks Allotted|
|Relevance of the topic chosen||3|
|Research Work & Data||6|
Viva of Class 12th Economics Project 2023-24
As per the marking The Class 12 Economics Projects viva session is a main element of its assessment process, allowing students to verbally articulate and present the methodologies, findings, and insights presented within their projects. This interactive session helps the evaluator gauge student understanding. Vivas aims to foster critical thinking skills while improving communication and engaging deeper into subject matters for a comprehensive evaluation of the knowledge and skills of each student.
Objectives of CBSE Class 12th Economics Project 2023-24
The objectives of the Class 12 Economics Projects are to:
- Deepen their understanding of theoretical concepts covered in classes XI and XII;
- Analyze real-world economic scenarios using theoretical constructs;
- Demonstrate learning of economic theory;
- Follow aspects of economics that spark learners’ interests;
- Developing communication and logic-based debating techniques.
CBSE Class 12 Economics Projects Work Ideas 2023-24
CBSE, on its official website, has presented a list of class 12 Economics project topics. It is important that students refer to the class 12 economics project PDF so that they go through the topics and then they can discuss it with their respective teachers. These are some of them:
- Micro and Small Scale Industries
- Food Supply Channel in India
- Contemporary Employment Situation in India
- The disinvestment policy of the government
- Goods and Services Tax Act and its Impact
- on GDP
- Health Expenditure (of any state)
- Human Development Index
- Inclusive Growth Strategy
- Self-help group
- Trends in Credit Availability in India
- Monetary Policy Committee and its functions
- Role of RBI in Control of Credit
- Government Budget & its Components
- Trends in the budgetary condition of India
- Exchange Rate determination – Methods and Techniques
- Currency War – reasons and repercussions
- Any other topic
How to Prepare For The Class 12 Economics Projects 2023-24?
After each session, each student will present his/her research work to external and internal examiners for review. For the viva, questions should be asked from their Research Work/ Project File. Learners should ensure their work submitted for evaluation is their original work, and in case of any doubt, the teachers must verify to confirm its authenticity.
Now, let’s understand how to prepare for the project:
- Topic Selection: Select a topic that aligns with the curriculum, such as contemporary economic issues or themes. Also, ensure personal interest as enthusiasm drives thorough research and analysis.
- Conduct In-Depth Research: Conduct intensive research by compiling pertinent data, case studies, and scholarly articles for your project. A well-researched project forms the basis of insightful analysis.
- Structured Format: Adhere to the specified format for presentations, which typically entails sections like introduction, methodology, analysis, findings and conclusion. Structured presentations allow greater clarity while simultaneously showcasing organizational abilities.
- Use Visual Aids: Visual aids such as graphs, charts, and tables can help visually illustrate data to ensure greater comprehension. They demonstrate our dedication to providing all pertinent information in an organized fashion.
- Preparing for a Viva Voce Session: Anticipate potential questions about your project and general economic concepts. Practice communicating your thoughts while being ready to present your thoughts and research methodology for the viva voce session for maximum confidence and a comprehensive presentation.
- How to prepare for the Class 12 Economics Project?
Prepare systematically by selecting a relevant and interesting topic. Conduct thorough research, adhere to the project format, utilize visual aids, infuse original analysis, and anticipate viva voce questions. Practice your presentation skills to ensure a comprehensive and well-structured project.
- Can we get a Class 12 Economics Projects Topic Idea from the NCERT Books?
While NCERT books provide foundational knowledge, consider exploring beyond them for project topics. Aim for contemporary issues or themes relevant to the curriculum. Originality is encouraged, so use NCERT books as a starting point but venture into broader research.
- Is it compulsory to prepare for the CBSE Class 12 Economics Projects?
Yes, the Class 12 Economics Project is a compulsory component of the CBSE curriculum.
- How to prepare for Class 12 Economics Projects Viva-Voce?
Prepare for the viva voce by anticipating questions related to your project and broader economic concepts. Practice communicating your thoughts confidently, emphasizing your project’s methodology, findings, and implications. Familiarize yourself with potential queries to ensure a smooth and informed viva voce experience.
- What are the important questions for Economics VIVA?
Viva questions may cover your project’s methodology, objectives, key findings, economic concepts related to your topic, challenges, solutions, etc.