CBSE Class 11 Entrepreneurship Syllabus, Notes PDF, Books
The CBSE has issued the syllabus of Class 11 Entrepreneurship for the 2022-23 session. The entrepreneurship subject is introduced in the curriculum to develop business acumen among young students. According to CBSE, Entrepreneurship is an academic subject with code 066. It is primarily a theoretical subject mainly chosen by students who prefer economics.
The class 11 Entrepreneurship syllabus includes: (a) Concept & Functions (b) An Entrepreneur and his Journey (c) Entrepreneurship as Innovation & Problem Solving (d) Understanding the Market, Business Finance & Arithmetic (e) Resource Mobilization.
In this article, you’ll know everything about Class 11 Entrepreneurship, its syllabus, notes, sample papers, marking scheme and more.
CBSE Class 11th Entrepreneurship Subject (Code 066)
The class 11th Entrepreneurship Subject is best suited for students who are resourceful. The one who wants to be a job creator and wants to develop organizational and business skills.
The exam pattern of the Class 11 Entrepreneurship subject is:
- Total marks: 100 marks
- Theoretical: 70 marks
- Practical: 30 marks
- Total periods: 240 periods
Reasons why students choose Entrepreneurship in class 11:
- To develop businessman skillset
- Understand the Industrial trend
- Cope up with business jargon
- Develop analytical and decision-making skills
- Help in economic opportunities for the weaker section.
Class 11 Entrepreneurship Syllabus 2022-23
Check the complete syllabus of entrepreneurship that you’ll be studying in the 2023 session. The syllabus is divided into 7 units which are mentioned below:
1st Unit: Entrepreneurship: Concept and Functions
- Entrepreneurship – Concept, Functions and Need
- Why Entrepreneurship for You
- Myths about Entrepreneurship
- Advantages and Limitations of Entrepreneurship
- Process of Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship–The Indian Scenario
2nd Unit: An Entrepreneur
- Why be an Entrepreneur
- Types of Entrepreneurs
- Competencies and characteristics
- Entrepreneurial Values, Attitudes and Motivation
- Intrepreneur: Meaning and Importance
3rd Unit: Entrepreneurial Journey
- Self-Assessment of Qualities, Skills, Resources and Dreams
- Idea generation.
- Feasibility Study and opportunity assessment
- Business Plan: meaning, purpose and elements
- Execution of Business Plan
4th Unit: Entrepreneurship as Innovation and Problem Solving
- Entrepreneurs as problem solvers
- Innovations and Entrepreneurial Ventures – Global and Indian
- Role of Technology – E-commerce and Social Media
- Social Entrepreneurship – Concept
- Risk Taking-Concept and types
5th Unit: Concept of Market
- Market; Concept, Types
- Micro and Macro Market Environment
- Market Research – Concept, Importance and Process
- Marketing Mix
6th Unit: Business Finance and Arithmetic
- Unit of Sale, Unit Price and Unit Cost – for a single product or service
- Types of Costs – Start-up, Variable and Fixed
- Income Statement • Cash flow projections
- Break Even Analysis – for a single product or service
7th Unit: Resource Mobilization
- Types of Resources –Physical, Human, Financial and Intangible.
- Selection and utilization of human resources and professionals like Accountants, Lawyers, Auditors, Board Members, etc.
- Estimating Financial Resources requirement
- Methods of meeting the financial requirements
- Size and capital-based classification of business enterprises.
11th Entrepreneurship Notes (Unit-wise)
After you finished reading all the chapters of a unit, prepare notes in the following sequence:
1st Unit Notes
- Why we need Entrepreneurship in our economy
- Our assumptions on how entrepreneurship can help shape one’s career
- Myths, advantages and limitations of Entrepreneurship
- Describing the steps in the process of Entrepreneurship
- Mentioning the current scenario of Entrepreneurial activity in India
2nd Unit Notes
- Motivation points to becoming an entrepreneur
- Differences between various types of entrepreneurs
- Different competencies of an Entrepreneur
- Importance of Ethical Entrepreneurship
- Difference between Entrepreneur and Intrapreneur
3rd Unit Notes
- Entrepreneurial qualities and competencies
- Ways of idea generation.
- Concept of types of a feasibility study
- How to Draft a basic business plan
- Reasons for success and failure of business plan
4th Unit Notes
- Role of entrepreneurs as problem solvers
- Role of global and Indian innovations in entrepreneurial ventures
- Use of technology and digitization for new businesses.
- The concept of social entrepreneurship
- Risk in entrepreneurial ventures
5th Unit Notes
- How to scan the market environment
- How to conduct market research
- Elements of the marketing mix
6th Unit Notes
- Unit Cost, Unit of Sale, Unit Price of a product or service
- The components of COST – Start-up and operational costs
- How to Prepare Income Statement and cash flow projection 7
- How to Calculate the break-even of a single product and service
- Differences between Cash flow & Cash flow projections
- Importance of Cash Flow Projections in the smooth flow of finances in the business
7th Unit Notes
- Different types of resources tools – Physical and material, Human, Financial, Intangibles
- Methods to secure business finance.
- Use of debt and equity in estimating the financial requirements of an enterprise
- Differences, advantages and disadvantages of Debt and Equity
- The financial requirements of an enterprise
- Meaning of fixed and working capital
CBSE Class XI Entrepreneurship Marking Scheme
All the subjects’ question paper is divided into two major sections. Theoretical and practical assessments. The assessment scheme is similar for both Class XII and XI on the CBSE board.
*****Unit 5 which covers the concept of market topic has the highest weightage in this course.
Must Check: CBSE Class 11 Exam Dates 2022-23
Class 11 Entrepreneurship Books
Students are advised to follow only the NCERT class 11 book to prepare for the Entrepreneurship exam. Students can download the book from the link below:
Download PDF Class 11 Entrepreneurship Book
Other Books recommendations: Entrepreneurship By Robert D Hisrich; Michael P Peters: Dean A Shepherd / Tata McGraw Hills Education Private Limited
NCERT Solution for Entrepreneurship
We can divide the entire NCERT solution into 7 units. We are hereby providing the complete syllabus, question, sample papers, and marking scheme for the CBSE class 11 entrepreneurship subject. Students can download PDF format of books, syllabus and notes from here:
CBSE Class 11 Entrepreneurship Solutions
Our online coaching classes will help to give you the complete solution to all the questions in NCERT textbooks. Students can enrol with VSI 11th coaching for all the subjects of Class 11 Entrepreneurship.
CBSE class 11 Entrepreneurship Sample Question paper for 2022 exams
Download the sample question paper that will help you to prepare for the CBSE class 11 Entrepreneurship exams 2022. The sample papers are curated by our team of expert teachers of specific subjects.
EP Sample question paper – Download PDF
Check the CBSE Class 11 sample papers of all the subjects by clicking on this link.
CBSE Class 11 Entrepreneurship Projects Assignment
CBSE curriculum for class 11 Entrepreneurship is assessed through theoretical and conceptual understanding. The students need to submit a project file on time for 20 marks. These marks will be added along with the total marks obtained in exams.
Project Work for CBSE class 11 Entrepreneurship
(Any Two files)
1. Visit of the District Industries Centre and prepare a report of activities and programs undertaken by them
2. Conduct a case study of any entrepreneurial venture in your nearby area.
3. Field Visit: Visit any business firm near your locality; interact with the owner of the business firm and prepare a field report on parameters like: type of business, scale of business, product/service dealing in, target customer, problems faced and measures to solve the faced challenges.
4. Learn to Earn
5. Know your State Handicraft and Handlooms as a means of economic activity for the livelihood of people and intellectual property rights attached to them for the promotion of local specific skills.
Entrepreneurship can be an easy subject if you grasped the fundamental understanding of being into business. The right approach to study this business is by solving case studies and familiarity with current affairs.
VSI is the best CA institute in India. We help students to prepare for CA exams. CA is one of the most searched professional courses after 12th. We provide exclusive online CA coaching for students from class 11th and 12th who want to enrol for CA course after clearing their senior secondary exams 2022. We provide CA Foundation coaching, CA Intermediate coaching and CA Final coaching Under one roof.
Ques 1. What is the entrepreneurship subject?
Ans. This subject teaches you about the basics of entrepreneurship, its concepts, components, and crucial terms. It will help students in knowing about the entrepreneurship at a basic level.
Ques 2. Is entrepreneurship an optional subject?
Ans. Yes, it is an optional subject. Students who are interested in business can study entrepreneurship.
Ques 3. Is entrepreneurship a scoring subject in CBSE?
Ans. Yes, it is a scoring subject if you have studied the concepts thoroughly.